Senton 3s overheating SOLVED update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-BASH

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
Blew rearend in 6s BR.had to throw 6s moter in senton behind stock blx100 esc.ran 6 batteries throu in this week in midwest heat.only problems where 1 broken axle an destroyed tire. No more scares to run through grass or overheating at all.absolute torque monster.just as fast as stock plus more power an zero cogging.put 26 tooth pinion on motor.just had to reverse rotation of motor on esc since motor sits other way in 3s cars.highly advised doing.so tired of fast overheating in 3s motor.buying another 6s motor for senton right away

Attachments

• 20200722_181936.jpg
    20200722_181936.jpg
    430.3 KB · Views: 120
I might give this a try this weekend!
Won't be disappointed.ive had so much fun since I've done it.on 3s the stock motors would shut down before battery would die everytime.they are stress Therapy for me.lol overheating an carrying car back everytime was getting old an Aggravating.i got punch on 5 with 3s with 26t and what a blast till battery is dead no matter if in GRASS or what.the little add weight of motor makes car a bit more stable an controllable.if anyone has 2050kv arrma motor laying around definitely DO IT.wouldnt go over 3s esc would most likely burn up

Yes with stock blx100 esc runs Great.but now I have blx185 on it.have to reverse rotation on esc since 6s motor sits other Direction in 3s cars. Run it as hard as I could in the middle of the day in St Louis heat till battery went dead zero issues

3s motors ar
Make any 3s truck a 4s. 3s esc is not efficient
Blx100 motors are the problem,bearing go out an overheat none stop on 3s.you run your 1/10 on 3s it'll overheat everytime if you drive like me. Carrying your RC back to the house gets old real quick. I've tried everything to be able to run my car on 3s with the stock motor I went thro 4 BLX 100 motors. Junk.6s motor works on 3s WAY BETTER.wouldnt try over 3s on blx100 esc.

I only wanted to give it a try because I have an extra 2050kv motor sitting around here and I have no intention on running 4s because I don’t have any 4s battery and I don’t really want to buy one.

I’m gonna try it with 20T right now. I’m still waiting for the 26T to come in the mail. Let’s see how it goes
Just make sure u use 0.8 mod 32 pitch pinion an reverse rotation on esc or you be hauling azz in reverse.youll love it no COGGING out at low speed,LOT MORE TORQUE,AN WILL GO THROU ANYTHING.before tall grass would shut down truck. Now I can go full speed across Fields throwing grass rooster tails in the air in july.

Just make sure u use 0.8 mod 32 pitch pinion an reverse rotation on esc or you be hauling azz in reverse.youll love it no COGGING out at low speed,LOT MORE TORQUE,AN WILL GO THROU ANYTHING.before tall grass would shut down truck. Now I can go full speed across Fields throwing grass rooster tails in the air in july.

I just finished a pack with a 20T and it definitely feels a little slow. I’m gonna try it again when the 26T gets here.

I only wanted to give it a try because I have an extra 2050kv motor sitting around here and I have no intention on running 4s because I don’t have any 4s battery and I don’t really want to buy one.
Same here I had an extra motor laying around and I like mixing and matching things trying different things and it works great. Just make sure your slippers adjusted correctly cuz with that 20 tooth it's going to have a lot of torque.i have punch on 5. I ran at least six or seven batteries throu it the ESC is taking it so far
I just finished a pack with a 20T and it definitely feels a little slow. I’m gonna try it again when the 26T gets here.
Good power thou huh? Motor temp at check? before I did that I could not finish a battery pack without shutting down.nice to run packs dead again

Same here I had an extra motor laying around and I like mixing and matching things trying different things and it works great. Just make sure your slippers adjusted correctly cuz with that 20 tooth it's going to have a lot of torque.i have punch on 5. I ran at least six or seven batteries throu it the ESC is taking it so far

Good power thou huh? Motor temp at check? before I did that I could not finish a battery pack without shutting down.nice to run packs dead again
Yes,I was running with the stock 100a esc with 2050kv no issues running throu tall grass in st Louis heat in july..high 90s till pack hit lvc no problems.2050kv isn't near as hard on 100a esc.the higher the kv the harder it is on esc..3200kv works esc so much harder than 2050kv..the torque is night an day...also no clogging on start up

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back