Kraton New arrma 4s v2 overheating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KLUTCHonDEMAND

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
i put earplugs in my new arrma 4s v2 and love how it drives. in cool weather it is overheating. I also have a dust cover around the internals and notice it traps warm air inside. Could earplugs be causing to much stress on the motor and causing the overheating?

Kraton

It's not the earplugs in your diff. Probably the dust cover, even the good ones make it run hotter, what brand is yours?
Thats a bummer get so many rocks and durt in the chassis. Dust cover did great job avoiding that.

Thats a bummer get so many rocks and durt in the chassis. Dust cover did great job avoiding that.
Could running the punch setting lower help with that. Currently running it at 7.

It's not the earplugs in your diff. Probably the dust cover, even the good ones make it run hotter, what brand is yours?
1000006965.jpg

Not seen that one, Dusty Motors or something like that my buddies ran on some trucks but it gets hot here in summer and they were overheating with the covers on.

Not seen that one, Dusty Motors or something like that my buddies ran on some trucks but it gets hot here in summer and they were overheating with the covers on.
Using a hole puncher to put holes in the cover will see if that makes a difference

You need more fans once you put on the dust cover (I have a few on my 6S EXB rigs and they get hot without extra fans).

My motors each get 2x fans now and it's back to equilibrium as it was before I put on the dust cover.

Is the timing programmable on those Spektrum 120's? If so I'd lower your timing. Good fans will also help.

The timing on new 120 V2 esc in the Kraton 4S V2.5 can be changed
Great find... the OP indicates he has a V2.5 in a prior post.

Then that's an absolute must do for OP considering his issues. Good find. 22.50 is high. @KLUTCHonDEMAND I'd suggest changing timing to 15 at the very least. That should help a lot with motor temp.

Agreed, changing the timing to 15 or even less will make very little difference in performance with a big improvement in running temperature.

Back