4s vs 6s diffs…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neighborhater383ci

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Senton 3s
I don’t get it. Have pretty regular trouble with my 6s diffs no matter what meanwhile my 4s diffs take 10hp passes back and fourth all day and don’t give two shirts

IMG_9306.jpeg

IMG_9307.jpeg

IMG_9308.jpeg

IMG_9311.jpeg

The teeth on the 6S diffs are too small. The slightest wear in the input bearings and they start grinding.
Is that 4S diff actually bigger than the 6S?
I have had trouble with 6s diffs and they should be bigger but saying that I've run them for years and there ok if time is taken with shimming correctly

I brought this conversation up about a year ago as to how much smaller the 6s diffs were compared to the 4s diffs that I was used to playing with. It sure would be nice if there was a way to convert 6s to a 4s

Maybe Horizon Hobby should design a new yoke and diff setup for the 6s line. To my experience with Hot racing aluminum yoke, diff case,hardened steel spiral cut diff and pinion are bullit proof!! Just my opinion 🤷‍♂️

My problem is the stock out drive on the 4s Diff is the weak link for me.

3 of the 4 4s rig use HR spiral cut gears. They have been great, but the output drives brake off in the diffs. I have RC Mad Labs axels

I have tried most and the ones from RCAWD are working for now.

The larger 4S diffs are sintered metal, there are plenty that have run the 6s BLX diffs for years properly shimmed.

That being said, Arrma did improve the 6s diff's on the EXB line. Larger ring and pinion and larger outdrives/pins.

With sintered "pot" metal it seems a bit hit or miss, you could get lucky or end up like this: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/kraton-4s-v2-monkey-metal-diffs.57529/

the team corally diffs are bullet proof in the kronos xtr anyway never broke a pin or anything on them diffs and run on 6s all the time. run it a lot over the last two years also

the team corally diffs are bullet proof in the kronos xtr anyway never broke a pin or anything on them diffs and run on 6s all the time. run it a lot over the last two years also
Well if we’re gonna get into other Brands the d815 hpi racing buggy I did a brushless conversion on easily has the most robust diff setup I’ve seen in an 1/8 scale truck. But we’re talking about arrma
I brought this conversation up about a year ago as to how much smaller the 6s diffs were compared to the 4s diffs that I was used to playing with. It sure would be nice if there was a way to convert 6s to a 4s
ive been thinking of chopping up an old plastic chassis and bulkheads from a 4s rig and making them fit on a 6s chassis, get the best of both worlds like the better steering design and rigid chassis of the 6s with the 4s diffs. My kraton4s speedrun car weighs 17 pounds where my limitless weights 14…

Back