Big Rock 4x4 differential assembly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Resu

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Typhon 3s
I need a little bit assist assembling a new diff for my BRCC. I tried everything, with or without shim, shim on wrong side... it's not my first diff assembly, but this time I'm driving crazy. The gear wheel always touches the diff housing:

1600889882412.png

Therefore I've no smooth turning. So I'm asking myself, what am I doing wrong? Especially after applying the yokes.

I know the grease is missing, will apply that afterwards :)

I've already thought about using a 10x15x3 bearing for the inner part instead of 10x15x4. May that work?

Last edited:
Your not doing anything wrong. I thought the same thing you would think it should run smooth. Mine does the same thing. Just make sure you put the yokes back together the right way and the bearing is pushed all the way down on the input gear it’s a tight fit there and make sure the shim is on the gear side .Mine does the same thing it drove me nuts at first but when its in the truck it doesn’t bind or anything, and it will loosen up as it breaks in.

Thanks for your answers @birdley35, already tried that but the car has problems driving slowly, thats why I assemlied a new diff :( any other ideas? Using HR or GPM yokes everywhere seems to be a bit expensive.

Check that the inner bearing is inserted all the way. I sometime have issues with the bearing not being able to get to the end of the shaft. Cooling the input gear in the freezer for 10 minutes helps.

Thanks for your answers @birdley35, already tried that but the car has problems driving slowly, thats why I assemlied a new diff :( any other ideas? Using HR or GPM yokes everywhere seems to be a bit expensive.
Not sure without seeing it in person ,I would definitely check and make sure the bearing is seated all the way down on the shaft and make sure all bearings are free spinning,If it’s bad maybe you could lightly sand the input shaft down to give the clearance. How much does it bind? You could just put a pack or two through it and see if it frees up.

Did that and looks good. With the "old" diff I ran already some packs, but no change so far. Will try that with the freezer this evening, but it seems to be already all way down.

The front sun gear bearing needs to be slightly pushed more foward thats what i do ussualy when it happens but it doesn't matter much it going to rub no batter what in use no big deal

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back