Kraton Kraton 4S Differential issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What maintenance am I not doing. Just the usual clean up? Do I need some special oil? Sorry for all these questions but I’m new to all this.
You need to at least look at your slipper clutch and differentials every few hours of runtime. The maintenance schedule for different parts is in your manual. Your pinion & spur need to be checked for proper mesh, the differentials need to be filled properly and need a bit of grease on the outside.

You need to open your Power Module more often. Never let it get that dirty. It's a thing to do this.
>>>>Many learn to do this after finding an adulterated mess like this. User error. The manual even states this about removing the PM. It collects much crap. Like @slick2500 stated above. You sure have more issues there than just a jacked up Pinion gear. Open that motor, considering new BB's. Won't know until you open it up. Clean up the whole Slipper assy. while you are in there. Use Electrcal cOntact spray to flush out the oened motor. And if the BB's are still good use a drop of synthetc Oil on each BB.
Then watch some videos how to adjust your Slipper Clutch.:cool:
Stick to Tekno or RRP pinions.
+!

The stock Arrma motor pinion gear is made of Chinesium

Sad but true. The latest pinion lasted 2 packs!

I have to say that I am getting a bit frustrated with Arrma lately. They've slacked off and that's wack.

Hobao, here I come :cool:

Sad but true. The latest pinion lasted 2 packs!

I have to say that I am getting a bit frustrated with Arrma lately. They've slacked off and that's wack.

Hobao, here I come :cool:
Arrmas pinions have always been pretty crappy.

The debris that builds up in the power module also wears the pinions down fast, that is why I seal them now. If you drive in dusty environments that makes a difference too.

The Arrma pinions do seem on the softer side to me, I guess on the plus side that cheapo pinion ($3 at JRC) is easy to swap out vs. your $30 metal spur.

All done. Thanks for the help everyone!

IMG_2613.jpeg

Back