Kraton V2.5 Center Differential Spur Gear Alternative?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.gpmparts.com/arrma-moja...pur-gear-57t08-mod-gpm-mam4057ts-p-33690.html

I went to buy this gear add $10 for shipping. I put my card in and got a text from my bank. But it was not my bank. This turned into a scam with the link above... DO NOT USE IT!! I order the one from HH instead.
Interesting, I'd heard only good experiences with this site. A couple guys bought this exact part and it showed up. I'm going to have to look into this "upgraded" spur gear I'm fairly sure anything from HH is a factory part. Will follow up shortly

If you want gpm go through ebay or Amazon. Nothing else.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy GPM off Ali, that's where its coming from anyways.

PSA for people looking at this thread for the future:

Stock pt. number for the center diff gear is ARA311167.
Anything you're buying for 29.99 USD with that number is going to be the same as your stocker.

https://www.smalladdictionsrc.com/arrma-311167-57t-metal-center-diff-spur-gear-0-8-mod/

Two different color metal.
Silver Metal ( junk China mold crap) that comes on the center diff. The 29.99 one is black metal.
I can't find any upgraded gear from HH.

Interesting, I'd heard only good experiences with this site. A couple guys bought this exact part and it showed up. I'm going to have to look into this "upgraded" spur gear I'm fairly sure anything from HH is a factory part. Will follow up shortly

I wouldn't hesitate to buy GPM off Ali, that's where its coming from anyways.

PSA for people looking at this thread for the future:

Stock pt. number for the center diff gear is ARA311167.
Anything you're buying for 29.99 USD with that number is going to be the same as your stocker.

I can't find any upgraded gear from HH.
It's been hit or miss on searches for the spur gear on HH, and it's out of stock till June. By the color I'd say it's hardened steel compared to the silver metal spur that comes on the factory center diff. I could be wrong. And from past experience now that I think about this dam spur gear, HH pictures can be wrong. Contact HH and ask if it is the same as factory built center diff??? Will costumer service have the correct answer???

I Bought two of these and if they last as long as the stock one's I will be ok with that.
1714131118503.png

I may have overreacted. I’m very paranoid about anything that doesn’t go as I think it should. I could be wrong about the link that I mentioned above. I just thought it was odd that my bank that wasn’t really my bank was asking me to login and hit OK. My K4 S has been down for a week now, this is not normal. I almost went back to my slipper clutch power module. This does run a 6s System and is pretty strong, the stock gear lasted about 10 packs, which is about the same as a slipper clutch for me.

I Bought two of these and if they last as long as the stock one's I will be ok with that.
View attachment 363174
Is that free shipping too?
I found what I’m guessing is the same thing for $9.50 on aliexpress.

It’s definitely steel, but could be low quality. If you’re curious what that means, DOrc has a video on cheap gears:

I may have overreacted. I’m very paranoid about anything that doesn’t go as I think it should. I could be wrong about the link that I mentioned above. I just thought it was odd that my bank that wasn’t really my bank was asking me to login and hit OK. My K4 S has been down for a week now, this is not normal. I almost went back to my slipper clutch power module. This does run a 6s System and is pretty strong, the stock gear lasted about 10 packs, which is about the same as a slipper clutch for me.
No problem. Better to safe than sorry. You won’t get anything weird like that if you get that GPM gear from AliExpress (only $20)
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_mL9QCNk

Looks like same gear HH sells. Will it be better metal? Just much different prices.
Definitely a different gear- I imagine it’s good, but likely not as good as the GPM one for $20

Back