Typhon 500k in center diff WOW!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErieArrma

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
Finally finished my Typhon project - 500k center, 60k front, 30k rear; skit plate, front bumper, MX 28s belted, added a DX5 radio. All I can say is holy crap! It’s a wild, angry animal now. Just unreal how the diff fluid makes that much difference. Took it to the local park and bashed the hell out it, what a blast!

That's what I use. Helps distribute the power.

I bought the felony Hoons tires for it as well, can’t wait to see how it does on the pavement!

Finally finished my Typhon project - 500k center, 60k front, 30k rear; skit plate, front bumper, MX 28s belted, added a DX5 radio. All I can say is holy crap! It’s a wild, angry animal now. Just unreal how the diff fluid makes that much difference. Took it to the local park and bashed the hell out it, what a blast!
Was it hard to change the diff fluid? I'm thinking of doing this but I'm kind of a neewb lol.

100/500/60 works great for my typhon doing speed runs and street bash Currently geared
29/46 on 2200 motor. I will soon install a 40t spur

I have 2 sets of pre made diffs for bashing. 60/500/30 and 80/1m/60
500k is a good point to start
Was it hard to change the diff fluid? I'm thinking of doing this but I'm kind of a neewb lol.
Its eazy pezy bro...get the exploded view in manual look at it for awhile then confidence will build up. If you get stuck post pic and the guys can help you put it buck together 🍺

Center diff is really easy. Front and rear require some a little more work but not bad. Recommend taking some pictures... I took mine all apart and had it in a million pieces as I was going to change to Kraton hubs as well (don’t bother). Of course got distracted doing other stuff and it sat for a while... would have been easier with some pictures. But now I know the car inside and out, next time will be much easier!

Good point. Will I be able to tell or will just need to inspect periodically?

Good point. Will I be able to tell or will just need to inspect periodically?
On the cups you'll notice where the pins are digging into the metal. You'll definitely know when it digs in too much and is about to snap haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back