Kraton Center diff bearings, best to use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

332_RC

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Infraction 4x4
I'm wanting to build a custom center diff for my K6. I'll use 500k fluid & Arrma aluminum center diff housing & M2C 4140 outdrives. What 8x16x5 bearings have yall used in the diffs? I've seen high precision ABEC3 sealed rubber ones as well as ceramic ones. Heard good stuff about both but ceramic doesn't last in bashers. I'm looking at a 4282 1780kv motor on 6s. Any suggestions for bearings?
Pic of some 8x16x5 ABEC3

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231225_220708_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20231225_220708_eBay.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 46
I'm wanting to build a custom center diff for my K6. I'll use 500k fluid & Arrma aluminum center diff housing & M2C 4140 outdrives. What 8x16x5 bearings have yall used in the diffs? I've seen high precision ABEC3 sealed rubber ones as well as ceramic ones. Heard good stuff about both but ceramic doesn't last in bashers. I'm looking at a 4282 1780kv motor on 6s. Any suggestions for bearings?
Pic of some 8x16x5 ABEC3
Check out boca bearings. They specialize in every kind of bearing imaginable. Ive got one of there hybrid ceramic bearings in my honda cbr wheels and im going to be ordering full ceramic motor bearing for my xrt soon. They have a rc car bearing cross reference that shows you all the bearings in whatever vehicle your working on and what options they have. Great people to deal with, always very helpful. Very resinable prices as well.

Check out boca bearings. They specialize in every kind of bearing imaginable. Ive got one of there hybrid ceramic bearings in my honda cbr wheels and im going to be ordering full ceramic motor bearing for my xrt soon. They have a rc car bearing cross reference that shows you all the bearings in whatever vehicle your working on and what options they have. Great people to deal with, always very helpful. Very resinable prices as well.

From personal experience their bearings aren't any better than the ones that are sold by Avid, Jims, Fast Eddy or TRBRC. Wasted $45 on 2 of their Hybrid ceramic motor bearings that were complete junk after 4 packs in my Typhon 3s......................

don't think I have had any trouble with the centre diff bearings always seems to be the wheel bearings that go first. or sometimes when you strip the car down for maintenance you fine some bearings ceased

don't think I have had any trouble with the centre diff bearings always seems to be the wheel bearings that go first. or sometimes when you strip the car down for maintenance you fine some bearings ceased
Always hub bearings for me too and always the passenger side of the truck too. 🤷‍♂️

Always hub bearings for me too and always the passenger side of the truck too. 🤷‍♂️
Pic of some 8x16x5 ABEC3
I use ceramic bearings for the inside and outside of the diff bulkhead where the input gear is. They last three times as long as rubber sealed steel, chrome or stainless.
Personally I think the 8 x16 x 5 would be great for ceramic. Expensive though.

I use TRBRC brand bearings for everything when I can. https://trbrc.com/

-edit- Fast Eddy and Jim's Bearings are also good.
I didn't know until I looked back that the ones I'm looking at & the screenshot pic I put are the TRBRC ones. Nice, thanks !

I use ceramic bearings for the inside and outside of the diff bulkhead where the input gear is. They last three times as long as rubber sealed steel, chrome or stainless.
Personally I think the 8 x16 x 5 would be great for ceramic. Expensive though.

There's no load on the bearings in the bulkheads ceramic bearings would die a quick death in the hubs especially when you get some good air.

Pic of some 8x16x5 ABEC3

For all the 6S rigs I have, the center bearings have not been an issue, and they sit exposed compared to the front/rear diffs. I do get better, like Fast Eddie, TBRC, etc. I do not believe I need ceramic for a basher. Dirt, dust, and sand ceramic will not last, so a good standard bearings for the center have been solid.

As for the wheel or hubs, I have to check and change if needed after 2-3 runs. I keep bags of those, and those are standard bearings, as mentioned above.

From personal experience their bearings aren't any better than the ones that are sold by Avid, Jims, Fast Eddy or TRBRC. Wasted $45 on 2 of their Hybrid ceramic motor bearings that were complete junk after 4 packs in my Typhon 3s......................
Hmm that's odd cause there only like 17 for yellow seal and 28 for premium orange seal hybrid ceramic. I don't know the conditions you were running in put they are typically higher maintenance for sure. I just suggested them cause customer service was top notch, better than I've had with anyone in a long time and I bet if you were to of called and talked to them about your issues they would of helped you out

Hmm that's odd cause there only like 17 for yellow seal and 28 for premium orange seal hybrid ceramic. I don't know the conditions you were running in put they are typically higher maintenance for sure. I just suggested them cause customer service was top notch, better than I've had with anyone in a long time and I bet if you were to of called and talked to them about your issues they would of helped you out

Sorry I just went and looked it was $40.18. I was running them in my 3s Typhon that thing and the Senton 3s ate motor bearings like fat kids ate cake though. Nothing I did would fix the dirt ingress into the motor module. Between the Typhon 3s and Senton 3s I spent enough on just motor bearings I probably could have bought another Senton 3s. 3-4 runs was the most I could get out of pretty much any motor bearing in that car. I'm sure in any other car they would have lasted much much longer. It's not like I was burying the car in dirt and trying to drive it out from under it or anything it's just your average everyday home made dirt track that I drove them on. The Senton has sat on the shelf for pretty much the past year I have only driven it once since I replaced the motor in it with a new one after the last time the bearings took a crap they destroyed the factory motor in it. Literally the only 2 cars in my entire collection of nearly 30 cars that have this issue.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back