Kraton Kraton V5 center diff leak possibly?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BruceRC

Maestro
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I noticed on the bottom of my chassis, this screw seems to have a very small amount of oil forming around its head.
1000001982.jpg

I was in the process of changing side guards when I noticed, that's why the left side screws are missing. I guess I'll need to take it apart and check. I had planned to anyway, just busy.

Outputs spinning thousands of RPM with a single o-ring seal surrounding the shaft. I’d recommend Viton as the best chance for success. Plus Arrma’s RTR diff fluid weight just essentially turns into water during bashing if you’re still using factory fill.

I noticed on the bottom of my chassis, this screw seems to have a very small amount of oil forming around its head.
View attachment 347190
I was in the process of changing side guards when I noticed, that's why the left side screws are missing. I guess I'll need to take it apart and check. I had planned to anyway, just busy.
Yup.... pretty likely that you will need a new gasket and it's a good time to move to thicker oil while you are in there, for more performance.

View attachment 347190

It's a good thing the center diff is one of the easiest to get out. Pull it out could be a gasket or one of the 4 diff screws has backed out a bit. You do need to upgrade. Just check it out when they come from the factory. The QC is bad in most of our cases.

Good luck (y)

While you have the diff out for inspection and maintenance, I suggest you replace the composite diff case with the Arrma aluminum and steel diff case. The center diff gets hot, and the aluminum will dissipate the heat better than composite.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-...5Q4SOuTq-6mwfe3NfhJgGgJdmKla_SMRoCxDYQAvD_BwE

Come to think of it, I need to do that to my new Infraction 6s! I only have one run on it and it's not leaking, so I've got some time to make the swap before warmer weather hits and I run the Infraction more.

Last edited:
Back