Fireteam 6s 9punch diff?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony jaques

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Vendetta
So I took my build out today with 6s on 9 punch great response wheels up buuuut I felt every once in a while I'd get a little chatter seemed to be from front diff hand inspection seems smooth I got 13t pinion 50 500 30k front center rear diff fluid any ideas guys maybe if ya know of stronger diff gears let me know

Sounds familiar. Most likely there is play in the diff housing bearings. The outside one near the input pinion is way to small and is the first to develop play, causing the skip a teeth sometimes👎. See if the input pinion teeth ar getting shorter.
Or you may have a broken gear tooth inside one the diffs. Take the diff out and turn it by hand and listen if it grinds.
While you’re at it, check it the diff shims as well.

Sounds familiar. Most likely there is play in the diff housing bearings. The outside one near the input pinion is way to small and is the first to develop play, causing the skip a teeth sometimes👎. See if the input pinion teeth ar getting shorter.
Or you may have a broken gear tooth inside one the diffs. Take the diff out and turn it by hand and listen if it grinds.
Will do you have any experience with vivaton diffs curious how strong they are eventually going 1650kv wanna be strong and I want an extra set for easy maintenance/play

I did replace stocker diff housings came with bigger bearing

Will do you have any experience with vivaton diffs curious how strong they are eventually going 1650kv wanna be strong and I want an extra set for easy maintenance/play
Vitavon typically makes awesome stuff, expensive but awesome lol. You most likely love em!

Ok so I pulled diff no grinding no wear to speak off 1 thing though I noticed when I pulled diff cover the diff sprang up about 1.5 mm due to the rubber washers I used in the drive cups to shim the minimal play out of the dog bone was too tight I'm reassembling for another test

2nd run 6s 9punch no more noise I'm ocd with this hobby overshimed the front cv axles she's like a buckin bronco when you kick the spurs front up kicks hard

(y) yet....what I was guessing was to shim or over-shimmed. Took me a while to find the right feel. I do believe shimming is needed for these rigs in the right places.

Enjoy!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back