6s shock collars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decline225

Reaction score
hey does anyone happen to know if there are any other shock collars that thread onto the 6s 16mm shocks? I need a new set but I’m not a huge fan of the arrma ones and their giant ass knurling that digs into your fingers as you try and move them up or down. Thanks
IMG_2414.jpeg

Micro towel or paper towel helps to get a better grip sometimes. Once you set them you should not have to touch them for a while once you find your liking.

@gotnitro ^^^Perfect advice. Release the spring tension First. How I do it also.

The stocker alloy ones are probably the best. Once spring pre-load is set, you don't even need to mess with them at all anyway. You want them to stay put. If you have very clean shocks at the threads and use a dab of silicone oil on them, they will turn much easier. There is an O-ring on them so the setting intentionally remains snug by design. Some guys just omit the O-ring altogether. I don't feel the need to at all.

If you never disassembled the shocks before to see them, this is what's inside those shock Collars. They need to be kept clean. Or they will bind up for sure. Shock Silicone oil on the O-rings makes a huge difference as well.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/o-ring-19x1mm-4/ARAC7415.html

Micro towel or paper towel helps to get a better grip sometimes. Once you set them you should not have to touch them for a while once you find your liking.
+1

Last edited:
My V3 shocks I swapped out the ends & shock lower cups with ARA330608 kit. It's the V5 ones & the cups are about 3mm taller than the V3 ones & much beefier & the ends too. I was able to re-adjust the collars back some so they weren't so tight & now ride height is same, droop screws good, & it's more plush.

Last edited:
The whole idea of threaded Preload adjusters found on higher end models, is that they are quite tunable down to the millimeter. Why add spacers to threaded adjusters at all. If you feel the need to, something is wrong with your shock/spring setup.
Collar preload "spacers" are found on cheaper shock platforms. Needing to combine various size spacers to suit your target preload. Far from accurate. And a PIA for the most part. Needing whole sets of various size spacers.(n)
I could see needing a spacer along with a threaded collar if you have some Short ad-hoc spring on the shock, that really doesn't belong there in the first place.

The whole idea of threaded Preload adjusters found on higher end models, is that they are quite tunable down to the millimeter. Why add spacers to threaded adjusters at all. If you feel the need to, something is wrong with your shock/spring setup.
Collar preload "spacers" are found on cheaper shock platforms. Needing to combine various size spacers to suit your target preload. Far from accurate. And a PIA for the most part. Needing whole sets of various size spacers.(n)
I could see needing a spacer along with a threaded collar if you have some Short ad-hoc spring on the shock, that really doesn't belong there in the first place.

For those who want a "quick" 'n precise/equal
pre-load among their shocks -without having to worry about it loosening while or after Heavy Bashing..

Also, since most RTR shocks only comes with the soft springs.. it'll require you crank them down quite a bit to have it "just right" for your ride anyways.
So these pre-load collars will "take up" most of that initial slack AND still give you some leeway to adjust spring tension..

Very few folks will go out of their way to buy the correct or multiple sets of "tuned" springs for their bashing spot ,unless they are serious track racers.

I find that cranking down very much preload to accommodate weak springs because your rig is now bloated with pounds of upgrade weight, you simply need firmer correct length springs. Cranking down on the springs really doesn't do much for your spring rate, while adding just a bit more height up to a point and only becomes a futile attempt at best.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back