A little clarificatioin please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
I am sure this has been addressed many times but I can't find what I am after. To much infomation with little actual explenations. Like what's a 0.8 mod when it comes to a slipper?

I have a Vorteks and have converted to 4s. So of course I have bent the motor mount and trashed the gear on the slipper.
The new motor mount is easy. But I am having trouble with what slipper clutch to use.
Since it's 4s I assume it needs to be better than what came with it. At the same time do I need a metal gear or is the composite gear what I want. I have heard both ways.
PLEASE post a link of any suggestions. I don't want to make a mistake and spend more than I need or buy junk I don't.
Thanks for the help.
J

The mod refers to the spur gear in the slipper. Gears come in either mod or points, abbreviated by P. Mod or P refers to the size of the gear teeth. Most Arrma 3s and 4s vehicles use .8 mod, which equates to 32P. Mod 1 gears have larger teeth, and are used in Arrma 6s vehicles.

The mod refers to the spur gear in the slipper. Gears come in either mod or points, abbreviated by P. Mod or P refers to the size of the gear teeth. Most Arrma 3s and 4s vehicles use .8 mod, which equates to 32P. Mod 1 gears have larger teeth, and are used in Arrma 6s vehicles.
That helps a lot. :)

Back