Please explain slipper clutch vs. slipper clutch elimination

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XplicitRC

Never let anyone compromise your integrity🤙
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon 3s
  5. Vorteks
  6. Voltage
  7. Infraction 4x4
So I was looking on eBay for parts my Infraction 3s. And the slipper clutch eliminator is an available part. I'll admit when I have no clue about shizz and aside from diff fluid maintenance I have hardly a clue how slipper works. I was searching at YouTube university and couldn't really find anything. But is it basically locking the drivetrain in a fixed direction with out allowing(what would be essentially braking?) While motion? I'm sure this is for strictly speed runs? Sorry if this is a stupid obvious assumption. Thanks for any dropped info👍🤙

Good question.

A slipper unit allows the drivetrain to absorb shocks. Example: landing on WOT will allow a properly adjusted slipper clutch to slip, which in turn, saves the diff gears/driveshafts from breaking/stripping. A slipper that is too tight can also damage the drivetrain as the slipper pads cannot “slip”. A slipper that isn’t tight enough can create a loss of power and/or overheating.

An eliminator does the opposite. It’s a direct drive with no “give” or slippage. The pro is more traction but the con is doesn’t offer protection to your drivetrain.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
A slipper clutch allows speed differences between the motor and wheels to "slip" rather than lock them 1:1. So differences in speed between the two can smoothly compensate and then eventually match rather than grenade the whole drivetrain.

Pretty much the same thing as the clutch in a manual transmission car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back