Senton Adding Driveline Support to Mega?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryno785

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
Hey guys, first post here. My son and I got Senton Mega 550 4x4s a couple weeks ago. We drive them decently hard in pretty dusty/silty conditions and the brushed motors are already acting up. We are running on 2S and you can smell them getting hot and they are down on power. I just ordered us both Hobby Wing EZ Run Max10 G2 140A ESCs with 3665 3200KV motors and 3S batteries. I also ordered 20T pinions to replace the stock 15T as I we needed 5mm pinions anyways. From what I have read, I am going to need to add the center driveline support to them as well.

Will the factory BLS support fit on the Mega driveline or do I need to order the BLS driveline?

I would also like some input on gearing. We drive them pretty much strictly in the dirt and we are NOT looking to make them go 50 MPH (I say that as of now :)). Do you think just going to a 20T pinion will be good?

Thanks in advance!

If your not looking for top speed with the new set up, you could easily stick with the 15 tooth pinion and still be plenty fast and run cooler
I mispoke.... stock on mine is 17 tooth pinion and and 91 tooth spur. Stock on the 3S BLS RTR model is 20/57. I figured just going to a 20 tooth pinion would gain a little speed and still be significantly lower geared than the factory brushless model. I guess I was a little concerned about it potentially being too low geared after adding so much more power?

I mispoke.... stock on mine is 17 tooth pinion and and 91 tooth spur. Stock on the 3S BLS RTR model is 20/57. I figured just going to a 20 tooth pinion would gain a little speed and still be significantly lower geared than the factory brushless model. I guess I was a little concerned about it potentially being too low geared after adding so much more power?
With 20/57 you would reach 60mph, compared to the 25-30mph with mega setup. So. A 15T pinion would still be fast enough, and run cooler. A friend of mine is running 20T on 3S 8000mah packs, and he has just heatsink on motor. It gets really hot after a pack.
But to answer your question, if it's V3, it should be a spot to put center driveshaft support on the mega chassis.

With 20/57 you would reach 60mph, compared to the 25-30mph with mega setup. So. A 15T pinion would still be fast enough, and run cooler. A friend of mine is running 20T on 3S 8000mah packs, and he has just heatsink on motor. It gets really hot after a pack.
I was assuming with the 20/91 it would put us in the 35-40mph range on 3S? Think we are still asking for potential heat issues?
But to answer your question, if it's V3, it should be a spot to put center driveshaft support on the mega chassis.
From what I have seen on Youtube the RTR 3S Senton does about 50 mph with the 20/57 gearing.
Awesome. I was worried that he mega driveline would be a different O.D. than the BLS model.

Last edited:
I was assuming with the 20/91 it would put us in the 35-40mph range on 3S? Think we are still asking for potential heat issues?

From what I have seen on Youtube the RTR 3S Senton does about 50 mph with the 20/57 gearing.

Awesome. I was worried that he mega driveline would be a different O.D. than the BLS model.
The V3 is the same. I know the V2 you have to change input gear and diff gear aswell.

Yes, it's 50mph, my bad. If stock senton mega has 15/91 then it should be around 30, so yes, 20/91 should be around 30-35mph. But on 2S with brushed motor.

If you upgrade to 0.8mod and with 20/57 it's around 50mph on 3S. But with heat issues if you don't have fan on motor. So if you are happy with around 45mph I would go 15T 0.8 mod.

I myself have a granite mega upgraded to brushless, and I run 17/57 on it. It has bigger tires than the senton, so I think it does about 50-55 on 3S if I can keep it straight. More than enough for that car at least 🤣
Actually, with 15T it's around 37. So maybe 17T?
https://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/information/rc-calculators/rc-car-calculator/

The V3 is the same. I know the V2 you have to change input gear and diff gear aswell.

Yes, it's 50mph, my bad. If stock senton mega has 15/91 then it should be around 30, so yes, 20/91 should be around 30-35mph. But on 2S with brushed motor.

If you upgrade to 0.8mod and with 20/57 it's around 50mph on 3S. But with heat issues if you don't have fan on motor. So if you are happy with around 45mph I would go 15T 0.8 mod.

I myself have a granite mega upgraded to brushless, and I run 17/57 on it. It has bigger tires than the senton, so I think it does about 50-55 on 3S if I can keep it straight. More than enough for that car at least 🤣
Actually, with 15T it's around 37. So maybe 17T?
https://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/information/rc-calculators/rc-car-calculator/
Mine is the V3. Per the Arma site it says the Mega is 17/91.

Is the 0.8 mod gear pitch stronger than the 48 pitch that comes on the Mega? I almost screwed up and ordered a 20 tooth 0.8 mod pinion before I realized the Mega was different than the 3S BLS model. I have a Robinson Racing 20 tooth 48 pitch pinion coming to fit my new brushless motor but if it is worth upgrading to 0.8 mod I definitely will. Just trying to my head wrapped around all this. I definitely regret not just buying the brushless model to begin with.

That calculator is pretty cool but what do I put on the 3rd line under "Diff pinion #" and "Spur #"?

Appreciate your insight!

I think I answered my own question assuming the 3rd line if the diff gearing....
Speed Calc.png

I would recommend upgrading the spur and pinion to 0.8mod (almost 32p). the 48p stock on mega would maybe get chewed up quickly. Smaller teeth..
I just got done googling mod vs pitch. haha Thanks again Sir!

To answer your main question....If you're talking about the bearing and mount used on the center drive shaft. And a V3. Yes, it fits. I've done it to both my Granite and Typhon Megas. No modifications needed. No Need to buy a different drive shaft. Would highly suggest it.

As far as gearing goes, stock BLX pinion is 20T. BUT.....It'll destroy the mega slipper clutch, even with the right pitch, on 3S. Just too much power. You'll have to buy the 3S BLX power module and .08 Mod slipper clutch if you want to run 3S. If you stay with 2S, you could get away with it. For a bit.

Appreciate all the info guys. I just all the stock Arrma 3S BLX components I needed on Jenny's RC for a pretty good deal. All of the following for $165!

Slipper clutch assembly (includes spur gear): ARA4303V3
20 tooth pinion: ARA4303V3
BLX motor: ARA4303V3
BLX ESC: ARA4303V3
Aluminum motor mount and fan assembly: ARA4303V3

Get the Oktay Slipper Clutch 7075 Alloy. Get the Oktay Motor Mount 7075.
Or use stock Arrma parts (3S BLX), but then:
-get the Arrma Slipper Sleeve (black ring, stock on 4S V2 Series) for the Slipper CLutch to the rear diff
-put some padding/support unter the end of the motor can (3M Bumpon 3,5mm, maybe 4mm for example)

Get the Oktay Slipper Clutch 7075 Alloy. Get the Oktay Motor Mount 7075.
Or use stock Arrma parts (3S BLX), but then:
-get the Arrma Slipper Sleeve (black ring, stock on 4S V2 Series) for the Slipper CLutch to the rear diff
-put some padding/support unter the end of the motor can (3M Bumpon 3,5mm, maybe 4mm for example)
I ordered all the stock BLX 3S stuff yesterday afternoon. I will definitely look into using some 3M Bumpon to help support the motor. Thanks for the heads up!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back