Senton Senton 3s parts question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShankAaron

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Senton 3s
I'm going to widen out the Senton I just picked up, and after a ton of time spent searching threads, I have a couple of questions from some of you guys that may know.

-I know the standard practice is to go with Typhon/BRCC arms and buckles, but do I need to change the driveshafts and hubs as well?

-I've seen the Arrma wide track boost box. Is this set the same length as the Typhon/BRCC arms? Longer/shorter?

Thanks in advance y'all.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the wide Boost-box makes it as wide as the 4S line-up.
All the others, i have no idea. But when you do order parts, do it from Jennys RC, Their parts prices are great and i use them all the time.

Driveshafts are the same. Typhon/BRCC arms are considered the wide version of the 3s platform. You will need new tie rods and turnbuckles. Hubs are the same no change needed. Also to note the Arrma 3s Cvds do not fit the wide arms without modification.

Driveshafts are the same. Typhon/BRCC arms are considered the wide version of the 3s platform. You will need new tie rods and turnbuckles. Hubs are the same no change needed. Also to note the Arrma 3s Cvds do not fit the wide arms without modification.
Like what kind of "modifications"?

The shaft of the cvd needs to be longer to accommodate the longer arms. They work fine on the shorter arms granite and senton but not enough engagement for the wide arms. I currently run the diff side from the 4s line and the slider side from the 3s cvd. The 4s length needs to be cut down to accommodate. There are other 3rd party cvds that probably work fine. Just the Arrma ones are too short.

These ones: https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-4x4-mega-cvd-slider-set-ara310870/p775219

The shaft of the cvd needs to be longer to accommodate the longer arms. They work fine on the shorter arms granite and senton but not enough engagement for the wide arms. I currently run the diff side from the 4s line and the slider side from the 3s cvd. The 4s length needs to be cut down to accommodate. There are other 3rd party cvds that probably work fine. Just the Arrma ones are too short.

These ones: https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-4x4-mega-cvd-slider-set-ara310870/p775219

Ok, I'm tracking. I figured it might be something along those lines. Thankfully, that's an easy and cheap thing to do.

Will I need to change the shocks out due to the wider position of the new A-Arms?

So we got it all built up over the weekend, but we haven't ran it just yet. Wound up throwing the tires from the BRCC we had gathering dust (we changed out to Trenchers for the BRCC build). Anyone have a monster truck body recommendation for this wider version? Obviously, the OG SCT body has no chance of fitting without cutting it up, and i might as well run it naked if I'm going that route. Wouldn't mind a thinner body to expose the wheels. We threw the BRCC body on it to see how it would fit and it's a good width, but way too short. Any input is welcome. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back