Granite Another Granite 4X4 BLX ESC bites the dust......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhamm

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
This is happening to ofter. ARRMA should watch their quality control.

Bummed

jhamm

Good to know
But yeah the BLX100 is not that great. A lot of the guys on the bookface groups have issues with the esc as well.
My personal opinion is that the esc isn't powerful enough for the motor they paired it with. I would go with a Max10 SCT 120a or a SC8.

I’ve had one burn up and another on the way to doing so. The last rep I spoke to wanted me to send the whole truck in. Do they expect you to take all of your upgrades off each time their electronics fail before the two year warranty period expires?

I’ve had one burn up and another on the way to doing so. The last rep I spoke to wanted me to send the whole truck in. Do they expect you to take all of your upgrades off each time their electronics fail before the two year warranty period expires?
The BLX100 esc is massively overrated, the real Max10 is only a 60a esc at best and somehow Arrma managed to pull an extra 40a out of theirs? Ask @Peeeenuuutt he will agree with me.

The BLX100 esc is massively overrated, the real Max10 is only a 60a esc at best and somehow Arrma managed to pull an extra 40a out of theirs? Ask @Peeeenuuutt he will agree with me.
I don’t mind them sending more ESCs but it’s a pain to send the entire thing in when there are just 2 electrical components or a receiver that could be the problem.

I don’t mind them sending more ESCs but it’s a pain to send the entire thing in when there are just 2 electrical components or a receiver that could be the problem.
Yeah I wouldn't even bother sending it in.

Yeah, but at least the SC8 would be able to handle the motor the truck comes with.
I was thinking of that other discontinued esc not the SC8. The one we were talking about in the esc rebrand thread.

I was thinking of that other discontinued esc not the SC8. The one we were talking about in the esc rebrand thread.
Ohhhh the one where we found a few rebrands for and finally found the original OEM hobbywing one?

Let's see what Hobbywing says. And if it is that means I have two broken brand new ESC's. Either way it doesn't say much about their products.

Let's see what Hobbywing says. And if it is that means I have two broken brand new ESC's. Either way it doesn't say much about their products.
Oh I agree 100% that’s pretty crappy that they both broke. But it should be obvious though, because nobody else is having issues with theirs.

Oh I agree 100% that’s pretty crappy that they both broke. But it should be obvious though, because nobody else is having issues with theirs.

There is a thread on here of a guy who had cogging issues with his and I've seen other instances on the interwebs. This is not an isolated case. Either bad product or bad QC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back