Kraton Another Kraton 4S ESC Pooched

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FL-2100B

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Kraton 4s
Kraton 4S V2.5 truck. I think my ESC is pooched, only 6 to 7 packs run through this thing too. I know its a common issue and was wondering what the upgrade is for this thing ? I'm sure I'll get a warranty one provided but seriously thinking of putting a better one in , not to confident of another one tbh.
And yep, I updated the ESC and tried a couple of different LVC settings , what happens is the first battery goes about 7 or so minutes and then the 2nd only lasts for about 2 mins and then the ESC red light is beeping . The 1st battery always goes out at 3.8 and the 2nd goes at 4.0 , even swapping them around makes no diff. They are good quality batts and even my good 3S ( for testing purposes does same basic thing ) . Nice weather here and this is harshing my fun .

Thanks for advice

Kraton 4S V2.5 truck. I think my ESC is pooched, only 6 to 7 packs run through this thing too. I know its a common issue and was wondering what the upgrade is for this thing ? I'm sure I'll get a warranty one provided but seriously thinking of putting a better one in , not to confident of another one tbh.
And yep, I updated the ESC and tried a couple of different LVC settings , what happens is the first battery goes about 7 or so minutes and then the 2nd only lasts for about 2 mins and then the ESC red light is beeping . The 1st battery always goes out at 3.8 and the 2nd goes at 4.0 , even swapping them around makes no diff. They are good quality batts and even my good 3S ( for testing purposes does same basic thing ) . Nice weather here and this is harshing my fun .

Thanks for advice

Money is tight, warranty. It's still good to have a backup just in case...HH owes you if it is necessary if it is bad. For a basher, I would go with a Hobbywing, but as far as which one, I need to see what those say about who owns a v2.5.

Money is tight, warranty. It's still good to have a backup just in case...HH owes you if it is necessary if it is bad. For a basher, I would go with a Hobbywing, but as far as which one, I need to see what those say about who owns a v2.5.
Yeah there seems to be a couple choices . This is about the most reasonable .

https://www.amazon.ca/HW-HOBBYWING-...d=1710705495&sprefix=hobbywing,aps,237&sr=8-9

I see the factory stock one is back ordered ( at least here ) so may have to substitute anyways .

Thanks for input .

Well today I decided to set the LVC on the very lowest setting ( 3.2 ? ) and now its cutting off at 3.5ish . Seems the ESC is just bloody inaccurate .

Go to Jenny's RC and pick up a 6s/150 ESC from any of the 6s Arrma's. $85

This is the set up I run in both of my K4S V2’s you will have to make a plate to set the ESC on top of the receiver box. This combination has worked out well for me in both cars.

Kraton 4S V2.5 truck. I think my ESC is pooched, only 6 to 7 packs run through this thing too. I know its a common issue and was wondering what the upgrade is for this thing
Are you running the latest “black” edition ESC? I’ve been hearing about this issue but I’m not sure if the newer or older 120amp ESC’s have the problem. I’m looking to get a 120a, but don’t want to have this problem.

It would be a shame if the new 120a ESCs were having issues. The old 130a ESCs they used to make were bulletproof and a steal if you ever got yourself one. Had one power a brushless TRX Summit, a Tekno MT410 with a 4074 kraton motor, and currently in my HPI Bullet speed runners that's topped at 88mph. All running 4s. And the ESC is still kicking.

For your case, LVC likely did kick in at 3.2v, but the lipos generally bounce back higher after the power cuts due to the voltage sag they were experiencing.

It would be a shame if the new 120a ESCs were having issues. The old 130a ESCs they used to make were bulletproof and a steal if you ever got yourself one.
Glad to hear this. I just got a 130a. They are still available. Jennie’s has them for several Losi models. https://jennysrc.com/products/losi-lmt-bog-hog-esc-spektrum-firma-smart-130a-los04024

I was interested in the 120a, because the 130a doesn’t fit without modification. Also, I noticed the 130a brakes and stops when hitting LVC instead of going into limp mode. This could be really bad if you hit LVC midair while jumping.

Are you running the latest “black” edition ESC? I’ve been hearing about this issue but I’m not sure if the newer or older 120amp ESC’s have the problem. I’m looking to get a 120a, but don’t want to have this problem.
Yeah this 120 is the newest one . Since I updated FW and set it to 3.2 LVC its been fine . It now stops around 3.5ish which about perfect . I got 22 minutes of tough run-time this morning off my 6500 4S Hoovo .

I was interested in the 120a, because the 130a doesn’t fit without modification. Also, I noticed the 130a brakes and stops when hitting LVC instead of going into limp mode. This could be really bad if you hit LVC midair while jumping.
Ok making you walk a 1/8 mile to fetch your dead truck lol .

Depends on your batteries, connections, wire size, and voltage sag under load. 3.2v cut off is pretty low but to see your batteries at 3.5vpc right after is normal. When the voltage drops below the threshold the ESC will cut you off. At 3.5vpc the battery is pretty much dead.

Check out this chart, not all batteries are the same but it gives you an idea (y).

https://blog.ampow.com/lipo-voltage-chart/

Back