Any other construction site bashers out there arrma fam?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshludden

Thai guy in Iowa
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
As some of you may or may not know, I work construction. We move quickly enough to have a new jobsite/ bashing spot every single day 😀 Since I've gotten a couple buggies now (ahem, cough cough😁😉) I've been hauling @ least one around in the work truck every day just in the hopes that day's site will be prime for ripping. My coworker now has a 3s senton so we build ramps out of anything lying around. I was just curious about how many of yall rip up construction sites & what your preferred terrain is like- gravel, dirt, pavement, boulders (ya know for crawling or the truly maniacal jumps) etc. We just had 2 straight days of rain so it was a bit muddy today but it was sooooo much fun!!!🥰🤘

20221026_132100.jpg

20221026_132049.jpg

20221019_145459.jpg

20221015_111919.jpg

20221015_112015.jpg

20221015_113104.jpg

20221007_130544.jpg

20221017_155245.jpg

I mainly only bash at construction sites. Pretty much the only spaces large enough to send my K8S near me. I usually prowl around looking for areas where theyre about to start new housing developments. Love when i find some good ramps from excavated dirt piles.

I try to stick to hard pack or dry/loose dirt.

Constuction sites are good when I can get 'em, can only use 'em on Sundays and they don't last long before they get to far in the process. The best time is right after they do the earthwork and before they do the trenching. I guess you can tell I prefer the dirt.

I'm a carpenter and I always am at new sites...I gotta rip.up more of them...I'll post pics. But there's a spot an hr away that has jumps 20 30 feet up so I'll post them as well
Framing or trim?

Are you using white coil stock trim on the yellow body.
Nope, that's Gorilla tape!!😅 Proven to 109mph!!!! 🤣😅😂 I was trying to cut down the huge steering hole on the one side & the middle part is my attempt @ strengthening the body where I had to drill the new hole for the body post- my last wreck kinda busted it up right there
Both, got my start with trim and moved further into framing. Actually working on a deck right now.framed out and now I'm doing the boards with picture framed.hbu?
Gutter installer, 10+ years now

You did! Thank you!
Just a heads up- they're BRIGHT AS $HIT!!!!! They really help me w/ my directional orientation when my car is so far away, evenin thedaylight. I'm pretty sure @Diem Turner turned me onto them or something similar
I need you to come fix my gutters. What’s the going rate per foot these days $8-10 ?
What's wrong w/ em? Need replaced or repaired? Not anyone a little more local?

They’re about 20yrs old, some don’t pitch/drain correctly.. One drains out across my sidewalk and ice’s it up real bad every winter. 🤬 just a bunch of dumb stuff… I’d like to have some added to areas they didn’t feel necessary and fix the others. There’s probably someone closer, just thought I’d ask.. 🤣 More curious what the going rate is? If you ever get up this way bring your tools! 😉
We could smash some rigs up too. 🤙

Just a heads up- they're BRIGHT AS $HIT!!!!! They really help me w/ my directional orientation when my car is so far away, evenin thedaylight. I'm pretty sure @Diem Turner turned me onto them or something similar

@Hammer Down meant he needs help getting his mind out the gutter.:p

I live in an area that borders farm land, and that means there's tons of new development all around me. I find that the best time to bash in construction sites is when they're actually developing the land, ie; sewer, watermain and road construction. The reason is because there's always giant mountains of either dirt, gravel or sand. Any mound of one of these makes an easy ramp, depending on what's on the other side to land in. Plus bulldozers tend to make great runways that will eventually be roads, so a pile of dirt and the end of a long smooth stretch of dirt or gravel, becomes a launch pad. Lately, I've become fond of bashing in sand, and the site near me has had giant mounds in different areas around the site. There's nothing more satisfying than watching my Kraton smash through a pile of sand and kick up giant rooster tails. I've always been a construction site basher, which is why I always say that the Kraton is King of the construction sites in almost all of my social media posts. These pics were taken from videos during recent construction sitebasher sessions

VideoCapture_20221002-174638-01.jpeg

20220924_170450-01.jpeg

20220924_170754-01.jpeg

VideoCapture_20221002-175029-01.jpeg

VideoCapture_20221002-174828-01.jpeg

Last edited:
They’re about 20yrs old, some don’t pitch/drain correctly.. One drains out across my sidewalk and ice’s it up real bad every winter. 🤬 just a bunch of dumb stuff… I’d like to have some added to areas they didn’t feel necessary and fix the others. There’s probably someone closer, just thought I’d ask.. 🤣 More curious what the going rate is? If you ever get up this way bring your tools! 😉
We could smash some rigs up too. 🤙
I'd rather split my time between fishing in the am, running in the pm. But if they're 20 yrs old aluminum gutters should only fail if the steel screw heads break off or if your installers were lazy 🤷‍♂️
I live in an area that borders farm land, and that means there's tons of new development all around me. I find that the best time to bash in construction sites is when they're actually developing the land, ie; sewer, watermain and road construction. The reason is because there's always giant mountains of either dirt, gravel or sand. Any mound of one of these makes an easy ramp, depending on what's on the other side to land in. Plus bulldozers tend to make great runways that will eventually be roads, so a pile of dirt and the end of a long smooth stretch of dirt or gravel, becomes a launch pad. Lately, I've become fond of bashing in sand, and the site near me has had giant mounds in different areas around the site. There's nothing more satisfying than watching my Kraton smash through a pile of sand and kick up giant rooster tails. I've always been a construction site basher, which is why I always say that the Kraton is King of the construction sites in almost all of my social media posts. These pics was taken from videos during recent construction sitebasher sessions

View attachment 252455

View attachment 252456

View attachment 252457

View attachment 252458

View attachment 252459
Do you snap pics as you're driving? I keep trying to get good driving pics but I can't get my shutter finger to catch up as I'm trying to not wreck

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back