Big Rock Anyone changed there body clips to the proline body caps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have and made custom body posts for my Senton 3S. I printed the posts on my 3D printer using PLA. The only problem is I keep breaking the parts. I need to go back to the stock body post due to the amount of stress they endure when landing on the top side. Anyway, the system is pretty cool but you need a different post form stock. IMHO

Last edited:
I did.
20201022_195111.jpg

That is a simple mod by drilling a pilot hole and threading it into the top. Th threaded shafts to very tiny.

^^^ Looks like the stock post trimmed off.
I am not a fan of the those body screws. PL can keep'em.
You have to trim the posts on the Arrma's to make them work. The are just cheap long grub screws and a knob retainer nut. A bad design in my book. I never knew anyone who had them and stayed with them. The retainer knobs come off, get lost and strip out. They are a nuisance to install and remove. The body rattles as they tend to loosen. O-ringed or not. IMHO. Stock pins are better. At least for bashing hard. The nuts are not cheap to replace either. Unlike Body pin clips.

Last edited:
^^^ Looks like the stock post trimmed off.
I am not a fan of the those body screws. PL can keep'em.
You have to trim the posts on the Arrma's to make them work. The are just cheap long grub screws and a knob retainer nut. A bad design in my book. I never knew anyone who had them and stayed with them. The retainer knobs come off, get lost and strip out. They are a nuisance to install and remove. The body rattles as they tend to loosen. IMHO. Stock pins are better. At least for bashing hard.
Thanks man

I have and made custom body posts for my Senton 3S. I printed the posts on my 3D printer using PLA. The only problem is I keep breaking the parts. I need to go back to the stock body post due to the amount of stress they endure when landing on the top side. Anyway, the system is pretty cool but you need a different post form stock. IMHO
Hey we’ve done this a lot try using the stock posts from arrma cut off the top which holds the pin and drill a hole to house the proline screw in top it works really well ??

Hey we’ve done this a lot try using the stock posts from arrma cut off the top which holds the pin and drill a hole to house the proline screw in top it works really well ??
Yep, I will be doing that. I made a position change (front/back) using my 3D printed posts for the new body.

RE: the rattle or loosening of the nut
I have no issues with that, I printed a washer that allows for a snug fit and the nuts do not come loose. Granted, I'm not hammering on my body/posts since I have it set up on my Senton 3s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back