Anyone ever crack (damage) a lipo hardcase?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scipunk

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
So i ran my Granite for the first time today and while i had a few tumbles and one straight up impact i did not realize that i have cracked my lipo case. I am not terrified of it and of driving this again for fear of breaking my other one. Am i being paranoid? Obviously i wont charge or discharge this anymore and am gonna see what my LHS can do but man... scary!
48389861_10218254969832680_790587326098046976_o.jpg

Are you certain that the crack is due to the impact and not expansion of a cell?

My son and I are new to the hobby and have broken a few truck parts but never a battery hard case.

I don't think you need to fear driving again. Just check your battery(ies) before and after each run. Could be years before you ever see that again. Good luck!

Hard to tell Bill, tbh i fully charged them both last night and took it out this afternoon for a run but it got a little cold for my hands. When i came in and surveyed my damage i took the battery out and just set it aside, i picked up to storage charge it and that's when i saw the crack.
it looks to be right where it would have hit the batter brace in front so its probably from the crash. Can chargers tell if a battery is bad? I have a ultra power U240ac and it shows a check but im scared to hook it up...lol

Just wrap tape around it. You'll be fine. It's really nothing serious, lipos are made out to be grenades ready to blow. They're really not. Take care of them and they take care of you. A crack in a hardcase is nothing to worry over, just don't take them into water anymore.

I'd tape it up with gorilla tape and keep on using it. I'd probably also closely monitor the first or second charging and watch to see if any cells are abnormal. If you have a charger with a display that offers lots of data, should be pretty easy to see if anything looks strange.

Just wrap tape around it. You'll be fine. It's really nothing serious, lipos are made out to be grenades ready to blow. They're really not. Take care of them and they take care of you. A crack in a hardcase is nothing to worry over, just don't take them into water anymore.

Roger that!

I'd tape it up with gorilla tape and keep on using it. I'd probably also closely monitor the first or second charging and watch to see if any cells are abnormal. If you have a charger with a display that offers lots of data, should be pretty easy to see if anything looks strange.
I do have a display one, the UP240AC ill keep a eye out for any odd numbers

Severe puffing is bad and punctures/kinks are bad. Wrap it with tape and watch it. See if it's taking longer to charge than normal, but it's probably fine.

I've had a couple of my 2S hard case packs get smashed in my outcast a little bit since they stack on each other. I still use them without issue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back