Typhon Anyone managed to get SWB center brace in Typhon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike-NLD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
By the looks of it, Arrma prepared the front centerbrace mount for future Typhon use..

20200508_150006.jpg

As you can see.. Theres a hole in the top of the mount.. Wich exactly fits a body post.. Theres even a hole to put a through a screw to keep the bodypost in place.. (The way the rear Noto and OC bodyposts sit in their mount)

As you can see i tried to make it work..
Front of the body needs a slightly more forward hole to fit the new bodypost.. Body will sit a little higher, due to the centerbracemount now underneath..
Only problem to make it work was, i somehow couldnt get the wingmount to fit.. The rear centerbrace mount compared to the plastic part wich holds wingmount look to be same.. But wingmount wouldnt fall in the notches..

Anybody who tried and succeeded?

I zoomed in on your pic. It seems you are missing the rear brace mount for the t2t brace. You have the rear chassis brace mount but not the rear t2t brace mount.

Your pic
brace.jpg

My mount
brace_mount.jpg

I know.. That pic was taken before i tried everything on..

But after fitting in all on.. Including the rear mount you picture there.. I couldnt make the Typhon wingmount fit.. The screw goes in under a slight angle.. And doesn't go tru all the way

I know.. That pic was taken before i tried everything on..

But after fitting in all on.. Including the rear mount you picture there.. I couldnt make the Typhon wingmount fit.. The screw goes in under a slight angle.. And doesn't go tru all the way

Ok we're getting somewhere then. I had to grind a bit of material away from the rear t2t brace mount for the rear chassis brace to clear. Did you check if your rear chassis brace is hitting the rear t2t brace mount? I'm guessing that's the issue.

Ok we're getting somewhere then. I had to grind a bit of material away from the rear t2t brace mount for the rear chassis brace to clear. Did you check if your rear chassis brace is hitting the rear t2t brace mount? I'm guessing that's the issue.

Since im also running the HR rear brace.. That might be the issue..
The wingmount is mounted by two screws in that area.. I can get the top one in.. But the lower one.. That runs though the rear brace wont.. Prob cause the HR brace pushin on it then..

Ill check! Thnx

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back