Anyone run team brood fans?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decline225

Reaction score
Does anyone here have any experience with the team brood fans specifically their 40mm? They claim 28,000rpm with a 2s HV lipo but I haven’t come across any other fan online that pushes that much in a 10mm tall casing (other than a few odd ball fans on Amazon like Aimrock) and most 40mm fans all look the same like surpass’s rocket is identical and can run off of 8.4v aswell but only at 16,000rpm? Why such a huge difference and why only team broods 40x10mm fan seems to be capable of this high of an rpm? Can anyone shed more light on this? Thanks

CE936130-0C64-4DB2-8EA0-0B5C6383CBE5.png

1851B0DE-490F-4743-9163-54E19C42B541.png

1146A39B-E32A-489A-B125-4DE3239F63E5.png

F9D891C6-73B4-4202-BA71-B31542B34B38.png

7F81203C-2287-41B9-9D53-975197473941.png

98AEB0A8-69F4-4D17-8B60-0266EA7E1D70.png

Personally, i've always been under the impression that every single one of these fans comes from the same factory, just bought by different companies and they slap their name on the side. You achieve higher RPM by using a higher "kv" motor, so theoretically, it's possible that they ordered some 28000 rpm 40mm fans from the manufacturer. More likely, i'd bet it's a misprint from their 30mm fans, which just about industry-wide are all 28000 rpm fans.

I'd be willing to bet that if these are true 28000rpm 40mm fans, they die earlier than a slower 40mm fan. The only way they could make theirs it last as long as a slower fan would be better bearings and plastics in the fan fins. I don't think that's the case here, especially considering their price is just about in-line with all the other 40mm fans out there.

High RPM fans in the 40 x 10mm size usually don't last long IMHO. Been there. So many RC brand fans.
Better off with a slower rpm 40 x 20mm fan. But Pushing 28cfms. I run doubles on my FT. And a single on my TLRT. I only use fans mounts, no Heat sinks. Team Brood and many others just redesign the fan casings. Some are alloy. Always a plus.
But a 20mm taller fan has stronger blades and pushes more CFMs at a lower rpm. I find them lasting longer and motors cooler. I use plain PC fan 40mm Finger guard grilles. Fan's Static pressure stays in check better. No air restriction.
In the end, they are all just repurposed PC fans.

20230420_164131.jpg

Last edited:
Personally, i've always been under the impression that every single one of these fans comes from the same factory, just bought by different companies and they slap their name on the side. You achieve higher RPM by using a higher "kv" motor, so theoretically, it's possible that they ordered some 28000 rpm 40mm fans from the manufacturer. More likely, i'd bet it's a misprint from their 30mm fans, which just about industry-wide are all 28000 rpm fans.

I'd be willing to bet that if these are true 28000rpm 40mm fans, they die earlier than a slower 40mm fan. The only way they could make theirs it last as long as a slower fan would be better bearings and plastics in the fan fins. I don't think that's the case here, especially considering their price is just about in-line with all the other 40mm fans out there.
That was definitely my favorite reply I’ve ever received on a forum. You didn’t bash on any companies just kinda spit out some known facts and your opinions which I whole heartedly agree with. I can’t thank you enough, that reply had literally everything I was wanting to know in it so thank you.
Make sure you give us a photo when you attach this thing to your R/C car!

View attachment 294286
A photo? No I’d have to make a video and bench test the cfm on the fan(s)! Course I could always email team brood and ask and see what they say
Same fans , I get the rockets and love em!!
So I hear, good to know. Everyone seems to be satisfied with the rockets. As long as it would keep Mojave blx cool enough, I’m on throttle most of the time
High RPM fans in the 40 x 10mm size usually don't last long IMHO. Been there. So many RC brand fans.
Better off with a slower rpm 40 x 20mm fan. But Pushing 28cfms. I run doubles on my FT. And a single on my TLRT. I only use fans mounts, no Heat sinks. Team Brood and many others just redesign the fan casings. Some are alloy. Always a plus.
But a 20mm taller fan has stronger blades and pushes more CFMs at a lower rpm. I find them lasting longer and motors cooler. I use plain PC fan 40mm Finger guard grilles. Fan's Static pressure stays in check better. No air restriction.

View attachment 294294
Wow that was a great reply thank you! You mentioned “But a 20mm taller fan has stronger blades and pushes more CFMs at a lower rpm.” That was something I definitely appreciate someone saying, I don’t think I knew that at all so thank you. Static pressure and finger guards info was also helpful, I had had that on my mind lately too. That reply was so much help thank you I really do appreciate it
Looks like a rebranded (insert name here)……they’re all the same.
My thoughts exactly, just really good to hear so many confirm and say the same thing you did

Last edited:

View attachment 294294
Hey I also wanted to ask you since you’re running only the finger guard type fan cover, how well do those blades hold up with small debris or is it even affected by it? Years ago after breaking a few fans back to back in my dirt field I realized the blades breaking off was because of shock mitigation not rocks which I solved by running an o-ring underneath each fan screw. Never broke another blade again but now I’m wondering how necessary are the restrictive grilles because the shock mitigation from jumping was my culprit in breaking blades but I’ve never ran it without fan covers to find out. You have basically no restriction in flow with those gaurds so obviously smaller debris can get in there, but does it even pose a threat to the blades? Thanks

I also felt shock was an issue. And having used (4) Servo rubber grommets for cushion I thought would help. Probably does help. (y) Yet still cracking fan blades from debris. Alloy framed Fans don't flex, another option. I feel the open Finger Guard grills are a best and inexpensive compromise, although nothing fancy, I would agree. Many designer RC fan grilles just reduce a fans CFM's. They get filled with mulch and twigs, and harder to remove. Get stuck. The Finger guards can be cleared out much better. Which I find less of. Designer RC Fans are not open enough. This disturbs a fan's static pressure. My temp gun doesn't lie. I find fans are consumable items. I find myself buying them often. But I do have many RC's here. I Run them all.
The larger the fan the better. And I find that since I use taller 20mm fans, the blades are much stronger being taller as well.
I am not a fan of the huge heavy monster 40mm tall fans. Adding that much weight and mass onto a motor becomes a liability IMHO. For my 6s motors at least. (2) 40x20mm 28CFM fans is just right using a double Fan mount. At least for me on 4274 motors. Gearing down is all I do if still too hot.
A motor can still get too hot even with the largest of fans, when Overgeared.
Absolutley need a finger guard , or something. Without any, I have broken spinning blades merely by touching the fan accidentally.:rolleyes:
I actually would prefer no grille at all in a perfect world. But its not safe without one.

Last edited:
I also felt shock was an issue. And having used (4) Servo rubber grommets for cushion I thought would help. Probably does help. (y) Yet still cracking fan blades from debris. Alloy framed Fans don't flex, another option. I feel the open Finger Guard grills are a best and inexpensive compromise, although nothing fancy, I would agree. Many designer RC fan grilles just reduce a fans CFM's. They get filled with mulch and twigs, and harder to remove. Get stuck. The Finger guards can be cleared out much better. Which I find less of. Designer RC Fans are not open enough. This disturbs a fan's static pressure. My temp gun doesn't lie. I find fans are consumable items. I find myself buying them often. But I do have many RC's here. I Run them all.
The larger the fan the better. And I find that since I use taller 20mm fans, the blades are much stronger being taller as well.
I am not a fan of the huge heavy monster 40mm tall fans. Adding that much weight and mass onto a motor becomes a liability IMHO. For my 6s motors at least. (2) 40x20mm 28CFM fans is just right using a double Fan mount. At least for me on 4274 motors. Gearing down is all I do if still too hot.
A motor can still get too hot even with the largest of fans, when Overgeared.
Absolutley need a finger guard , or something. Without any, I have broken spinning blades merely by touching the fan accidentally.:rolleyes:
I actually would prefer no grille at all in a perfect world. But its not safe without one.
Hey thanks so much for getting back to me. I think I’m pretty much sold on the finger guard cover. I also would prefer to not run a tall fan but I am looking into 40x20’s as opposed to the common 40x28. My Mojave 6s I’ve always had a heat issue, but I did find out the other day thankfully that the motor fan was getting interference from the magnet, and on top of that found out you don’t want to plug in 2 fans to the esc but rather one to the transmitter. Those 2 things I’m pretty sure was the heat culprit. But thankfully people like you share stuff and which gets information out. Oh and it’s heard to a Robinson 16t which is factory so I don’t think that was involved with the heating. Thanks for everything you’ve said, your advice I’ve taken to heart it seems like you’ve been at this for awhile and have plenty of do or do nots to share which I appreciate. I definitely know how to go about this now which is a relief. Thanks again and hopefully if I need your advice again you won’t mind if I hit you up again in the future.

Yeah the Mojave's can run hot, not much air flow, the closed and heavy body, especially that I have the Scortched fenders. I cut out the Faux fan cover in the cockpit, The Fan hole over the Motor side. It helps. I screened the hole also. Air flows much better now . Cooler electrics. If it wasn't enough I wanted to cut out the drivers side also. But I'm good. Mojave has plenty of room for tall fans. Scortched fenders really keep junk out., the fans clog up less with grass mulch.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back