AR330338 won't screw on shock rod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicrc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
First time poster.
I ordered the shock rod ends and got the pack that comes with 2 sets (the stock ones and the beefier ones). In trying to put the shock back together I can't seem to get the ends to screw on the actual rod. It almost looks as if the ends are not threaded, or are not the same size as the rod itself. The rod listed on the manual is part # 330490. But when I google that part I get 2 different rods. One that has a thread to it and one that doesn't. Are the ends I bought supposed to be for the non-thread rod?
I'm at a loss here and don't want to force it and end up breaking the new rod ends.

They don't come threaded. you just have to press and thread on. it doesn't take too much to get it started. Funny I was just doing the same job.

When fitting the shock back into the arm you will notice you'll have trouble fitting the pin as the new end is slightly too large for the slot in the arm. So you'll have to remove a slight amount of plastic from either the arm or the end were it interferes. Better taking it off the arm but easier removing it from the end (but it will weaken the end). You see what I mean when you go to fit it.

Last edited:
If it's difficult to start you can use a hex screw of the same thread size/pitch and electric driver to get threads started on the rod end. Only need to go far enough to get them started and then back them out. I just can't remember if it's 4mm or 3mm but anyways that's what I do to get them started.

They don't come threaded. you just have to press and thread on. it doesn't take too much to get it started. Funny I was just doing the same job.

When fitting the shock back into the arm you will notice you'll have trouble fitting the pin as the new end is slightly too large for the slot in the arm. So you'll have to remove a slight amount of plastic from either the arm or the end were it interferes. Better taking it off the arm but easier removing it from the end (but it will weaken the end). You see what I mean when you go to fit it.

Oh man what a relief. For a second there I thought I may have ordered a wrong part. Thanks for the heads up on the plastic removal. I'll take your advice and keep the end untouched as I've seen quite a few threads here about the stocks ends not lasting to long.
If it's difficult to start you can use a hex screw of the same thread size/pitch and electric driver to get threads started on the rod end. Only need to go far enough to get them started and then back them out. I just can't remember if it's 4mm or 3mm but anyways that's what I do to get them started.

Thanks for the advice. I'll start with the 3mm and work up the 4mm if that's not it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back