Droop Screws, Schock Rod Ends, and Spacers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My parts bin has no fewer than 4 or 5 suspension arm sets for my 3s Senton that are bent, and retain that bend. I've tried straightening them with boards and weight yet the bend slowly comes back before I can re-install them. I just keep them in case I break one and my lhs has no stock. And it's not like my 3S is overweight with upgrades.

Ive gotten a few Arrma rigs with washers on the droop screws and also thought it a bit weird,,,,,,but now I know why. Sadly though, the amount of washers that were installed were not of sufficient thickness to even make a difference in the shock fully extending.

The M4 nut I’ve added to each droop screw (top picture, original post) takes the place of 4-5 washers. Sandwich that nut with two washers and that’s it……..very nice setting.

Use a standard M4 nut……I guess a nylock nut would work too but a straight metal nut is best.

Ive gotten a few Arrma rigs with washers on the droop screws and also thought it a bit weird,,,,,,but now I know why. Sadly though, the amount of washers that were installed were not of sufficient thickness to even make a difference in the shock fully extending.

The M4 nut I’ve added to each droop screw (top picture, original post) takes the place of 4-5 washers. Sandwich that nut with two washers and that’s it……..very nice setting.

Use a standard M4 nut……I guess a nylock nut would work too but a straight metal nut is best.
A simple, elegant solution. There are too few of those in the world.

The KISS principle is always good to go by.

I honestly cannot understand why Traxxas designed the vehicles like this in the first place. It makes no sense to have to make 2 different offset wheels for the front and rear when all 4 could have easily been the same had they just made the front a arms a little bit longer. The camber and steering links they already make anyway.
I feel they took the cheaper shortcut way?:unsure:
The KISS principle is always good to go by.
I K.I.S.S. my rigs too...:LOL:

All my EXBs came out of the box with the droop screws installed from the bottom with washer stacks for spacers. It would be nice if Arrma would take the same care with their BLX line.
Yeah my BLX Fireteam had just "one" loosely fitted washer on each droop screw. Came that way. I scratched my head, then realized what Arrma was TRYING to do. It was a fail in reality. But the concept is what matters. Yeah you need Several washers or a Nut, even better, like @slick2500 stated.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back