Tie rods recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deceased

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello!! I been running my car at my local hobby shop and someone my tie rods keep on bending. I do land here and there some bad landing on the wheel which might cause the bending. I was wondering if anyone can recommend me a different type of material? And not steel? Thanks!!
Prices doesn’t matter.

IMG_6455.jpeg

Help down below.👇

Last edited:
Hello!! I been running my car at my local hobby shop and someone my tie rods keep on bending. I do land here and there some bad landing on the wheel which might cause the bending. I was wondering if anyone can recommend me a different type of material? And not steel? Thanks!!
Prices doesn’t matter.

View attachment 356440

What car is this? The stock Arrma steel turnbuckles on the 3s line is just pure crap. I used to break and bend them all the time on my Typhon until I swapped in some Traxxas turnbuckles I haven't bent or broken one since. You could always buy the Arrma fixed plastic links if you want.

What car is this? The stock Arrma steel turnbuckles on the 3s line is just pure crap. I used to break and bend them all the time on my Typhon until I swapped in some Traxxas turnbuckles I haven't bent or broken one since. You could always buy the Arrma fixed plastic links if you want.
It’s for a granite. It’s the stock steel turnbuckle but I have traxxas 5525 end rods and steel arrma steel rod. So you recommend the traxxas one? If so can you provide the link please and thank you.

It’s for a granite. It’s the stock steel turnbuckle but I have traxxas 5525 end rods and steel arrma steel rod. So you recommend the traxxas one? If so can you provide the link please and thank you.

I went with titanium on my 3s now converted to 6s BR, but I think that company shut down due to the founder retiring... 1/10 scale?

I went with titanium on my 3s now converted to 6s BR, but I think that company shut down due to the founder retiring... 1/10 scale?
Ah man are you talking about Lunsford something like that? I was thinking of getting those. Yes it’s a granite 1/10 scale.

Ah man are you talking about Lunsford something like that? I was thinking of getting those. Yes it’s a granite 1/10 scale.

Yes sir, they were it! I didn't buy spares or I'd send you some. All the force is now transmitted to the rod ends but easier to replace. Something's gotta give, right? Maybe you can find some NOS somewhere? NOS = New Old Stock to old school car guys like me.

And yeah, never bent one and I'm a terrible driver. BTW, they were not cheap, but worth every dollar.

Yes sir, they were it! I didn't buy spares or I'd send you some. All the force is now transmitted to the rod ends but easier to replace. Something's gotta give, right? Maybe you can find some NOS somewhere? NOS = New Old Stock to old school car guys like me. And yeah, never bent one and I'm a terrible driver.
I see it in stock on Lunsford website, but I don’t know it work with my wide stance that I have on my granite I have the rpm typhon A arms.

Be very, very careful, lot's of spoof sites out there. BTW, having Typhon A-arms with too short turnbuckles could be causing the bending issue.
I agree. So should I look into traxxas tie rods? For a better quality or strong ones than arrma?

@Deceased Measure what you need with just a few threads visible and you may be surprised at what might be available. Welcome to the Hot Rod RC car world!
Jack O Lantern Halloween GIF by Storyful

@Deceased , BTW your handle is kinda freaking me out. I'm not young and wondering if I died in the shop, lol.

angel of death GIF

Last edited:
Back