Are the springs on the new kraton 2018 upgraded?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy1975

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hii, I would like to know if the new arrma kraton 2018 has upgraded springs. And if yes, how do they compare to the all famous Tekno orange springs. Any idea about the length of the springs?

I was checking the car specs in the arrma website; the front springs rate is 111 gf/mm while the rear springs rate is 89 gf/mm

Then I checked the tekno orange springs specs, and I was surprised to find that they share almost similar rate with the kraton v3 springs.

Now I donno about the length of the new arrma springs though.

I hope you can help, to see if I need to buy the tekno orange or not really.

Vas / AussieRCPlayground pointed out that the v3 springs were different than the V2 - seems he said they were longer and stronger. So maybe the Tekno springs are no longer needed.

Hii, I would like to know if the new arrma kraton 2018 has upgraded springs. And if yes, how do they compare to the all famous Tekno orange springs. Any idea about the length of the springs?

I was checking the car specs in the arrma website; the front springs rate is 111 gf/mm while the rear springs rate is 89 gf/mm

Then I checked the tekno orange springs specs, and I was surprised to find that they share almost similar rate with the kraton v3 springs.

Now I donno about the length of the new arrma springs though.

I hope you can help, to see if I need to buy the tekno orange or not really.
I bought the teknos for my v3 and they were worse than stock

The teknos i bought were slightly shorter and felt just as strong, so i don't know if it made any difference

I bought the teknos for my v3 and they were worse than stock

What version of them? The orange springs feel great on the Kraton personally. Load up the springs a touch if you need more ground clearance, and I feel less roll in the corners as well. Bought are bonuses since the Kraton stick is a complete pig when trying to turn.

the spring rate on the v3's are a little bit stronger/stiffer than the Tekno oranges. The reason people bought the Tekno oranges is because they were stronger/stiffer than the V2 springs...

IMHO the Tekno oranges are no longer needed if you have the V3 springs or buy them unless you are dead set on buying them for their specific spring rate.

Being that both will work and do a good job it comes down to which is cheaper and or would you rather support Arrma as a brand given their financial situation.

BTW if you don't know already Jenny's RC JRC on ebay sells them in full sets for $26 a set.

Being that both will work and do a good job it comes down to which is cheaper and or would you rather support Arrma as a brand given their financial situation.

I would disagree with your reasoning on why to buy them. I specifically purchased and enjoy them due to the change in spring rates. As noted, I can pre-load my suspension a bit more to provide a bit more of a firm ride when I'm in loose pack gravel to help prevent some of the understeer that the Kraton suffers from.

Together with diff maintenance and thicker oil, you can really work to provide a more neutral feel to your steering.

This was something I couldn't iron out with the stock springs.

By stock springs do you mean v3 springs? or are you talking about v2 springs?

V3 Kraton. I've just picked up both cars in December of 2017, then started to tear them apart to perform some upgrades.

I've only been through the following
  • Springs (Tekno Orange/Kraton, Tekno Pink/Talion)
  • Voltage Hobbies Front/Rear Braces
  • Voltage Servo Mount
  • Savox 1256TG (Both)
  • Voltage Hobbies Steering Rack
  • Hot Racing Center Diff Mount
  • Hot Racing Center Diff Cap
  • Hot Racing Wing Mount
  • GKA Wing/Diff Brace
  • Dogbone to CVD Conversion (Rear)
  • Hot Racing Hub/Steering Carriers
  • Misc tires
  • RPM Rear A-arms & Mud Guards
  • RPM Front A-Arms
  • Aluminum Suspension Carriers (Front/Rear)
  • Robinson Racing 14T Pinion (Talion)
  • Hot Racing Aluminum Diff Cups (All 3) (60k Front/200k Mid/30k Rear)
  • Mugen Diff Shims
  • Fast Eddy Bearing Kit

Now that I look at that list, I don't even know how I've managed that in three months.

I bought a set of v3 shocks and they definitely do feel firmer than the tekno orange springs. This is with both shocks off the car. In fact I think the v3 might be too firm for my talion.

I bought a set of v3 shocks and they definitely do feel firmer than the tekno orange springs. This is with both shocks off the car. In fact I think the v3 might be too firm for my talion.
The V3 Talion springs need to be stiff/firm, as it now has much shorter shocks, so it would probably bottom out too easily if springs were too soft. The stiffer suspension also would help for high speed stability and cornering, especially when doing close to 70mph on the street. However, it will be interesting to see if Arrma does end up offering another option for spring rates on the V3 Talion shocks.

There is no need to change the V3 Kraton/Outcast shock springs, plus the Tekno springs are too short now compared to the new longer V3 springs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back