Big Rock Arrma 3s BLX 100A ESC Broken?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianC302

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have an Arrma Big Rock that is having a problem with the ESC. When I turn it on, most of the time it doesn't do anything except just barley move the fans. Sometimes, it will turn on for a couple of seconds but then shut off.

I have never expereinced something like this with an ESC. Do you think it might be done for or has anyone run into this and found a way to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Check the on/off switch and wires connecting. Switches to go bad sometimes. Could just be frayed wire. If the switch is the issue, you can splice in a new one pretty easy.

Check the on/off switch and wires connecting. Switches to go bad sometimes. Could just be frayed wire. If the switch is the issue, you can splice in a new one pretty easy.
Thanks! I guess I could try removing the switch so that it is always on and if that fixes it, getting a new switch.

Just be mindful that the switch itself has functionality with calibration and manual programming. If you looked over the switch and it looks ok then it might be something different. Best to look over all of the wires for any exposed sections that may cause a short.

Before you do anything, open the Rx box and unplug the steering servo.. this 100% sounds like a bec short..
I tried this a month or so ago and it seemed to have worked. Then next time I went to use the truck, it acted up again but the steering servo fix didn't work. I am not sure what to make of that.

Back