Kraton Arrma 6s exb rtr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pdawgoffroad28

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I purchased the new 6s kraton exb. Previously had an Arrma talion exb which was a tank.

So what are everyone’s thoughts on new servo saver? I tried turning it by hand and it was basically locked. My servo stripped on first crash. Done the same crash with old servo saver and no stripped servo just saying.

2. The aluminum bulkheads. Commonly thought of as a great upgrade. The only problem I had was the diffs were full of sand after running in the dunes. Never got much debris in the plastic bulkheads.

Anyone have similar experiences?

I have one of the new bellcranks in my V5. It's nicely stiff but far from locked. As far as your gearboxes are concerned, maybe a set of gearbox gaskets might be in order. Arrma and M2C racing both make them.

Welcome to the forum. I’ve no experience with the new Kraton EXB, but the vast majority of complaints regarding Arrma servo savers are that they’re far too weak. Most people shim them or replace them with stiffer and/or adjustable ones. So I’m surprised to hear that. The servos themselves garner no praise either. At any rate, lots of options to choose from.

Hey everyone I purchased the new 6s kraton exb. Previously had an Arrma talion exb which was a tank.

So what are everyone’s thoughts on new servo saver? I tried turning it by hand and it was basically locked. My servo stripped on first crash. Done the same crash with old servo saver and no stripped servo just saying.

2. The aluminum bulkheads. Commonly thought of as a great upgrade. The only problem I had was the diffs were full of sand after running in the dunes. Never got much debris in the plastic bulkheads.

I thought the new EXB Kraton had diff gaskets in it RTR?

I got the new EXB v2 servo savers/bellcrank on my EXB v1 and it's a vast improvement over the old one and now it feels like my REEFS RAW 500 can actually swing those front wheels around with authority because there was so much slack in the old one.

If your servo stripped/broke, it's due to the servo itself and not the servo saver, but YMMV. I prefer a stiffer servo saver since I run better servos than the stock one.

I have one of the new bellcranks in my V5. It's nicely stiff but far from locked. As far as your gearboxes are concerned, maybe a set of gearbox gaskets might be in order. Arrma and M2C racing both make them.
Who knows maybe I was turning it wrong or it got messed up in the crash but I could not get it to break open by hand . I also remember Razor rc saying it was too stiff.🤷
As far as the bulkhead it has the gasket that goes on the chassis so idk maybe it’s not as sealed around bearings as the plastic bulkheads. Just asking since I know guys have been running aluminum bulkheads for a long time.
Welcome to the forum. I’ve no experience with the new Kraton EXB, but the vast majority of complaints regarding Arrma servo savers are that they’re far too weak. Most people shim them or replace them with stiffer and/or adjustable ones. So I’m surprised to hear that. The servos themselves garner no praise either. At any rate, lots of options to choose from.
Thankyou glad to be here. Ironically my talion exb servo lasted forever. I guess I got one of the good ones because ever since then they’ve been burning out quite regularly.I was thinking perfect pass servo! Worth 120??
I got the new EXB v2 servo savers/bellcrank on my EXB v1 and it's a vast improvement over the old one and now it feels like my REEFS RAW 500 can actually swing those front wheels around with authority because there was so much slack in the old one.

If your servo stripped/broke, it's due to the servo itself and not the servo saver, but YMMV. I prefer a stiffer servo saver since I run better servos than the stock one.
Nice.those reefs raw 500 look sweet. I just remember razor rc saying it was too stiff for stock servo and his stripped too.

And for the life of me I could not break it open by hand. The v1 exb servo saver was indeed loose and after some snap rings it was much better but this one seems wayyyy stiffer than 3 snaprings.

My servo was fine until I crashed into a car tire with my front left tire. Broke the an arm and banana the hinge pin. So I kinda feel like the servo saver didn’t save my servo haha. Whatever I already replaced it with a 45 kg Amazon servo which woke up the steering anyways.

Last edited:

Don't you have gaskets in the bulkheads already with the new EXB K6?
>>>I bet the bulkhead screws on the chassis might have been loose perhaps and you never checked them over before running it. Factory tends to slack off in this regard. Leave nothing to chance. Are you running in the wet and/ or in the sand/ mud.?

These new gaskets are now standard installed on your EXB there. I guess you didn't notice???? IDK. Best to remove the whole bulkhead from the chassis first. You are overlooking something perhaps. Refer to the manuals Blow up diagram. It's your bible.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/gearbox-sealing-gasket/ARA311190.html

Last edited:
Who knows maybe I was turning it wrong or it got messed up in the crash but I could not get it to break open by hand . I also remember Razor rc saying it was too stiff.🤷

Nice.those reefs raw 500 look sweet. I just remember razor rc saying it was too stiff for stock servo and his stripped too.

Not me.

I never used gaskets before. Not the Tekjos or BQ. I just smear some Grease into the lower edges of the bulkhead where it meets the chassis. I never get any dirt ingress into my bulkheads. Running in the wet would probably mess it up anyway. But I stay dry with my bashers. Cant see dirt ingress getting past the 2 Diff BB's. I would probably use grease even with gaskets. Just me.
If the Bulkheads are not screwed snug to the chassis dirt will easily enter. Always check those screws with a NIB rig first. I have had loose parts before out the box.

Last edited:
Been abusing mine, including jumps at the skate park at 30°F weather, plus my friend and I like to try to take out each others rigs. I’ve broken rear wing mount, rear hub carrier, front upper arms, and bumper loop. Servo still strong and no issues with bad landings off a ramp. I did set my end points as I do will all my RCs, so that helps with the servo.

As far as the bulkhead it has the gasket that goes on the chassis so idk maybe it’s not as sealed around bearings as the plastic bulkheads. Just asking since I know guys have been running aluminum bulkheads for a long time.

Thankyou glad to be here. Ironically my talion exb servo lasted forever. I guess I got one of the good ones because ever since then they’ve been burning out quite regularly.I was thinking perfect pass servo! Worth 120??

And for the life of me I could not break it open by hand. The v1 exb servo saver was indeed loose and after some snap rings it was much better but this one seems wayyyy stiffer than 3 snaprings.

My servo was fine until I crashed into a car tire with my front left tire. Broke the an arm and banana the hinge pin. So I kinda feel like the servo saver didn’t save my servo haha. Whatever I already replaced it with a 45 kg Amazon servo which woke up the steering anyways.
The New EXB K6 is using an HD Double Sprung Servo Saver spring setup now. So it is already stiffest out the box.:unsure:

Don't you have gaskets in the bulkheads already with the new EXB K6?
>>>I bet the bulkhead screws on the chassis might have been loose perhaps and you never checked them over before running it. Factory tends to slack off in this regard. Leave nothing to chance. Are you running in the wet and/ or in the sand/ mud.?

These new gaskets are now standard installed on your EXB there. I guess you didn't notice???? IDK. Best to remove the whole bulkhead from the chassis first. You are overlooking something perhaps. Refer to the manuals Blow up diagram. It's your bible.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/gearbox-sealing-gasket/ARA311190.html
Yea they are standard on my new exb. That’s why I was so surprised. I went thru and checked all screws for tightness. The chassis to bulkhead screws were so tight I had to use heat to take them off to install a rear bumper. My rear a arm got a little melted haha.

This occasion was in the sand dunes. I honestly just think it came thru the bearing side. It might have happened before with plastic bulkheads but I just didn’t notice🤷

My bad dude. It must have been Do Rc.
Been abusing mine, including jumps at the skate park at 30°F weather, plus my friend and I like to try to take out each others rigs. I’ve broken rear wing mount, rear hub carrier, front upper arms, and bumper loop. Servo still strong and no issues with bad landings off a ramp. I did set my end points as I do will all my RCs, so that helps with the servo.
Hmm interesting. I think it was from my crash. My wheels were almost full turn straight into a car tire and probobly 30mph. I guess servo didn’t save much.
Glad yours is holding up strong.👍
The New EXB K6 is using an HD Double Sprung Servo Saver spring setup now. So it is already stiffest out the box.:unsure:
Yeah I didn’t think much of the stripped servo due to the crash, but once I tried to break open by hand(where you can see and feel spring compress) it wouldn’t compress so that got me thinking 🤔

Last edited:
Back