Kraton Arrma Kraton 6s EXB rtr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCcars4fun

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have got some 1130 wt shock oil for my exb kraton. Is that enough? I do not do jumps. Also, how often should I change my shock oil? How often should I change my diff oil?

1130cst is about 90WT. My oil changes go between each heat or Amain. For bashing I used to do them up every 10 tanks or packs.

For the diffs, I'd do them up every 10-15 packs or so all depending on how its driving for me (bashing) Obviously, you'd want to get in there beforehand too if something isn't sounding or working properly. Racing, all 3 got a fresh diffs before each race.

how often should I change my shock oil?

I rebuild my shocks 2-3 times a year. From a bashers point of view, if you're having to rebuild shocks continually then there's something wrong with them or the fluid you're using.

If you aren't jumping then the stock 1000cst shock oil is just fine.

If you aren't jumping then the stock 1000cst shock oil is just fine.
Depends on which version he has, but judging by his profile pic, it’s the latest V2 and he probably just got it and didn’t read the instruction manual yet since it answers his questions.

Kraton EXB v1: 1000cst (80wt) with bladder shocks
Kraton EXB v2: 1300cst (100wt) with the new emulsion shocks

Depends on which version he has, but judging by his profile pic, it’s the latest V2 and he probably just got it and didn’t read the instruction manual yet since it answers his questions.

Kraton EXB v1: 1000cst (80wt) with bladder shocks
Kraton EXB v2: 1300cst (100wt) with the new emulsion shocks

How do I keep forgetting about the new one.

Unless the shocks are really hurting your performance..... keep em full and drive. A small variation in the thickness of the oil isn't going to make much difference. Big variances are another thing.

Unless the shocks are really hurting your performance..... keep em full and drive. A small variation in the thickness of the oil isn't going to make much difference. Big variances are another thing.
Agreed, but I don't think OP is coming back lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back