Outcast Arrma 8s Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
I’m just wondering if anyone knows how to order just the Foam inserts for the these very expensive tires ? Or has anyone had success with replacing the Foam with something else?

image.jpg

I’m just wondering if anyone knows how to order just the Foam inserts for the these very expensive tires ? Or has anyone had success with replacing the Foam with something else?

View attachment 363505
You and me both brother!! Actually I'm sure alot of folks would be interested in replacement foams, and preferably higher quality foams..
It's soo frustrating to NOT be able to get foams for basher tires. 6s, 8s..no matter, I could use replacements in soo many of my basher tires. The foams seem to be the biggest failure from RC tires for my brother and I.
It's kind of insulting to me that Proline, Jconcepts and even Arrma sell tires that go for $200 a set but won't sell us replacement foams.:mad:

I have made my own, doable I suppose, but time consuming with average tools. An electric carving knife works well for cutting the foam. I used HD polyurethane from amazon. Used a couple donuts of plywood I made as templates.. There's a thread here somewhere I made..
Outside of DIY, these are the closest I came up with for replacements for purchase below. I haven't tried them, but they look like run of the mill cheap foams just like ALL the OEM's are using. I wish the manufacturers would give us the quality they're charging us for in regards to foams..
https://www.imexrc.com/products/jumbo-foam

I always wonder what's the point of Jconcepts and Proline offering beadlock wheels,tires without the ability to purchase the items seperately? Proline does at least sell the wheels and beadlock rings, but if you just need foams, well you're out of luck..

Jconcepts doesn't sell any of the components separately, which IMO, is somewhat of a scam. They just recently made the plastic wheel adapters available for purchase separately, which I guess is something? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

View attachment 363505

I ordered a set from Proline, just the rubber and the foam, it will save you some $ from getting a full setup. You have done the hard part...40 screws per wheel.

I ordered a set from Proline, just the rubber and the foam, it will save you some $ from getting a full setup. You have done the hard part...40 screws per wheel.
I appreciate that PL is at least selling the tires and wheels separately, but still, $45 per pair is crazy for foams.. I do wonder how many screws before that screwdriver battery died? LOL.

I appreciate that PL is at least selling the tires and wheels separately, but still, $45 per pair is crazy for foams.. I do wonder how many screws before that screwdriver battery died? LOL.
I mean the whole tire is 200! 🤣

I mean the whole tire is 200! 🤣
I did buy just the tires and foams. $50 a pair is better than over $200 but hell these tires have hardly any wear on them. I thought about spray foam but if you go that route you are definitely stuck with how it turns out. I had to replace the tires cause they were so out of balance the back wheels were jumping off the ground.
in the SAME boat. Hoping you find an answer for us lol
I’m working on it but it ain’t looking good

I did buy just the tires and foams. $50 a pair is better than over $200 but hell these tires have hardly any wear on them. I thought about spray foam but if you go that route you are definitely stuck with how it turns out. I had to replace the tires cause they were so out of balance the back wheels were jumping off the ground.

I’m working on it but it ain’t looking good
Haha man I've never had a single problem with mx43 and I have like 4 sets now. I don't even know how you could tell there is a problem with the foams that rubber so tough 🤣

I had a chance to sample the Jconcepts choppers on Sunday, my bro bought a set. They're a really nice tire, with hazard wheels around 900g each. Traction on the hardpack wasn't great..TBH both my bro and I prefer the traction and handling of the SB BF 8s tires/wheels. I think even the CH SB's did better. The search continues I guess. Maybe the Terraforms will be the ticket?
I suppose that with beadlock wheels foams are easier to remove and install, still sucks that no one sells them.
I don't think I've had a set of tires that haven't outlived the $hitty open cell foams these companies are using.

Back