Arrma 8s Vivaton differential gears.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trey Wood

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience or luck with these gears? I am running an 800kv with some heavy wheels and tires and some 1:1 gearing and while I haven’t had too much go wrong with the setup, I have killed a couple diffs. Was thinking of trying these out but wanted to get some input first. Haven’t ever heard of anyone trying them. Let me know if you have!

IMG_7249.png

I'm sure they're quality! I'm trying to figure out how you keep breaking diffs though. I just bashed my kraton on 12s with mx43's with stock diff weights and still didn't have a diff problem :eek:

I'm sure they're quality! I'm trying to figure out how you keep breaking diffs though. I just bashed my kraton on 12s with mx43's with stock diff weights and still didn't have a diff problem :eek:
Stock plastic cups?

Stock plastic cups?
yep! I do have 2 alu ones from aliexpress on the way just in case though. Also to be fair I was a lil undergeared. I went from 28/39 to 36/39 so the next bash will be the real test :ROFLMAO:

yep! I do have 2 alu ones from aliexpress on the way just in case though :ROFLMAO:
That’s crazy! I haven’t run my 8s trucks much this past year but when I was running them heavy I kept blowing the cups.. maybe it’s landing on throttle like what blows the ring gear on the 6s trucks. I’m pretty good about not doing so.. I kept blowing rear cups and snapping rear axles tho. 🤷‍♂️
Stock tries too! 🤔

JConcepts magmas

Almost 9 pounds of wheels and tires lol

Just ran mine today! Same tires,jconcept Magmas,ran great.
What do you have your punch setting on? Mines at 3. I did install the vitavon diff housings. The fit is damn near perfect! .I couldnt put a shim if I wanted. You cant go wrong with Vitavon IMO. Their gears take a beating. I run them in my Xmaxx and XRT. Have you tried shimming your diffs?
20231004_031614.jpg
20231003_212333.jpg

That’s crazy! I haven’t run my 8s trucks much this past year but when I was running them heavy I kept blowing the cups.. maybe it’s landing on throttle like what blows the ring gear on the 6s trucks. I’m pretty good about not doing so.. I kept blowing rear cups and snapping rear axles tho. 🤷‍♂️
Stock tries too! 🤔
snapping axles? like the dog bone pins? I've done that a few times now but I'm hoping I've fixed it by adding washers to the shock shafts. I've never blown an outdrive cup though. Damn I want to see how you drive :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

snapping axles? like the dog bone pins? I've done that a few times now but I'm hoping I've fixed it by adding washers to the shock shafts. I've never blown an outdrive cup though. Damn I want to see how you drive :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Pins too, but the ends of the axle.. like the ball part that holds the pins. 😜

Check out what I did to the dibby today, I was jumping it just like you last vid but had a couple nasty landings.. 😈

What do you have your punch setting on? Mines at 3. I did install the vitavon diff housings. The fit is damn near perfect! .I couldnt put a shim if I wanted. You cant go wrong with Vitavon IMO. Their gears take a beating. I run them in my Xmaxx and XRT. Have you tried shimming your diffs?
View attachment 325363View attachment 325365
Great pics. Love the look with all the Vitavon parts. Off topic, but how the hell do you keep it so clean?

View attachment 325363View attachment 325365
Yeah diffs are shimmed. It is running a 39:39 gearing though. Have the punch setting on two now. That seems to be what does it. The two times I e killed gears I’ve ramped the punch up to max. So now im content just leaving it where it is. Haven’t had it happen since.

Yeah diffs are shimmed. It is running a 39:39 gearing though. Have the punch setting on two now. That seems to be what does it. The two times I e killed gears I’ve ramped the punch up to max. So now im content just leaving it where it is. Haven’t had it happen since.
Nice!

How do the magmas compare to stock tires when it comes to ballooning? I'm still learning what to look for in tire descriptions to prevent/reduce ballooning (besides "belted" of course). Thanks

How do the magmas compare to stock tires when it comes to ballooning? I'm still learning what to look for in tire descriptions to prevent/reduce ballooning (besides "belted" of course). Thanks

Ive never run the stockers but have the magmas. They do balloon some.
Proline Badlands do a bit better.

Magmas take 12s nicely though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back