Big Rock Arrma BigRock 6s dead on 10th pack!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apex Zulu

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just had my Big Rock 6S ESC die on me after only 10 battery packs! Ten! That's not even a full season of bashing! Any other 6S owners out there experiencing similar issues? Feeling pretty disappointed in this 'rock' that can't even handle a pebble. Any advice on warranty claims or alternative ESC options? Purchased on 1/13/2024, DEAD on 1/22/2024. I heard Arrma cheaped out and rebranded Hobbywing ECS's, but I didn't want to believe it. It is all but confirmed now that Arrma is applying "shrinkflation" to its new releases.

Hey everyone, just had my Big Rock 6S ESC die on me after only 10 battery packs! Ten! That's not even a full season of bashing! Any other 6S owners out there experiencing similar issues? Feeling pretty disappointed in this 'rock' that can't even handle a pebble. Any advice on warranty claims or alternative ESC options? Purchased on 1/13/2024, DEAD on 1/22/2024. I heard Arrma cheaped out and rebranded Hobbywing ECS's, but I didn't want to believe it. It is all but confirmed now that Arrma is applying "shrinkflation" to its new releases.
You could just have a lemon or bad luck from a bit of bashing. Hobbywing actually makes some pretty decent ESCs. The ones they make for Arrma have always seemed a bit second rate though not absolute junk.

Horizon Hobby is good with warranty, you will just have to contact them and they will make it right. Sorry you have to go through this.

Wow, Just saw Kevin Talbot's new video. Made me want one! I hope you can get your issue sorted.

Arrma is pretty good with warranty cases in my opinion. Shoot them an email, I'm sure they'll take care of you.

Every single ready to run vehicle on the planet, aside from Traxxas comes with a Hobbywing esc. Arrma has used rebranded Hobbywing escs since their inception in 2009. Hobbywing is the largest manufacturer of electronic speed controllers on the planet they are literally the top dog in the business so not sure what you are going on about there. That being said the Spektrum 150a seems to just be a giant turd. They just have to have their own crap in there and their own settings that just screw everything up. I see more issues with the Firma escs than I ever saw with the Arrma BLX escs.

If you would have read your manual you would know that the car has a 2 year warranty. https://www.horizonhobby.com/service-center.html just as a heads up you will have to send the dead/malfunctioning esc to them before they will send you a new one.

Last edited:
Yes, Arrma and nearly everyone else use Hobbywing as the OEM for ESCs.

Contact Arrma and they'll get you going again, sometimes things fail. TBH if it took you 10 packs to break something, that's considered pretty good around here :ROFLMAO:

Yes, Arrma and nearly everyone else use Hobbywing as the OEM for ESCs.

Contact Arrma and they'll get you going again, sometimes things fail. TBH if it took you 10 packs to break something, that's considered pretty good around here :ROFLMAO:
Dude right?

Hobbywing makes the best stuff though 👌.

Reach out to Horizon (website/support), I am sure they will help you. You will need to send them a copy of the sales receipt as well.

If I were you, turn down the timing on the stock ESC and keep it cool 😎

I think the Firma 150 is still a good esc for an RTR. After I turned down the timing I have had better luck.

Last edited:
It happens. I fired the esc on my new Stampede on the first pack through it.... Then had to wait 3 wks for the replacement. Been good (electronic wise) since.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back