Arrma blx 185 fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sem V Rees

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello
I have a little question I just broke my blx 185 fan and I don't really like the fan do you Now any good replasif fan brushless wich is beter as the standerd and fits at the stock housing
I hope to heat your tips
Greatings Sem

That Stocker BLX 185 ESC fan is 35mm x 35mm x10mm (tall). They suck. HH replaced serveral under warranty over the years. Don't waste your time replacing with same. Just buy a good upgrade one. One of the same size.
Like this one below , and there are others. These Alloy fan Case Types are best.
I use a simple Finger Guard Grill over this fan and all my motor fans. Much less Air restriction this way. And I completely remove the stocker ESC Plastic Fan "Shroud" altogether. Just cutting/snipping it off around the ESC wires. Toss it. Screw the new fan and grille right back directly into the ESC's Heat Sink.
Runs coolest this way. My Temp gun doesn't lie.;)

https://www.amazon.com/HobbyStar-Turbo-Ventilator-Motor-35x35mm-Heatsink/dp/B09RVLNP3B/ref=sr_1_20?crid=15QZUVB65SS5B&keywords=RC+35mm+fans&qid=1684681878&s=industrial&sprefix=rc+35mm+fans,industrial,106&sr=1-20

https://www.amazon.com/MULTICOMP-MC32684-Finger-Grille-Steel-6pack/dp/B09331K5NV/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3IYQRPDRE5Z15&keywords=35mm+fan+finger+guard&qid=1684682143&sprefix=35+mm+fan+fnger+quaurd,aps,84&sr=8-1

This below is the Spektrum variant 6s ESC. My FT.
A 40mm Adapter and fan could be rather tight fittng here. Don't need any more than a stocker size 35mm fan. Many guys use the 40mm setup also. I feel overkill for a stocker 150 Amp esc on 6s. I find the Motors are what gets hottest. Just don't over gear the motor, and the ESC will be fine with a 35mm Fan.

20230521_112708.jpg

Last edited:
Hello
I have a little question I just broke my blx 185 fan and I don't really like the fan do you Now any good replasif fan brushless wich is beter as the standerd and fits at the stock housing
I hope to heat your tips
Greatings Sem
I use this fan adapter to mount a 40mm aluminum fan. Screws into the fins on top of th esc. There a guy on here that makes them also. Cannot remeber who he is though

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3741207582...yUxw9BMPOs16vLhcozeE7MjUZg==|tkp:BFBMup2I7odi

Yea, depending, a 40mm fan with adapter can can be too tight sometimes.
That 40mm adapter looks to be restrictive also.:unsure:

Last edited:
^^^
I just don't follow your question????:unsure:
Please explain better....

Hello
I hope to heat your tips
Greatings Sem
Go to Amain hobbies on your phone and look up 35 x 35 x10 mm aluminum fans, they will fit under the case of BLX, Spektrum, or the max6. I do it on all my rigs cause the stock one breaks and doesn’t move air.
The 30 mm fans will fit under as well. You just have to turn it a little. For a long time 35mm was hard to find so I used 30s

^^^
30mm????? Nah. Why even bother? Just going backwards. Not correct. I would rather replace with the Stocker 35mm garbage fan first. At least its free under 2 year warranty.
35mm upgrade fans can be had from just about anywhere, forever. :unsure: A drop in, no adapters needed, be done with it.
AMZ, etc.
As I posted above.
AMAIN is overpriced for incidental RC stuff like Fans. Been there. Amain is only great for other hard to find niche parts. And Kit purchases.

Last edited:
Go to Amain hobbies on your phone and look up 35 x 35 x10 mm aluminum fans, they will fit under the case of BLX, Spektrum, or the max6. I do it on all my rigs cause the stock one breaks and doesn’t move air.
The 30 mm fans will fit under as well. You just have to turn it a little. For a long time 35mm was hard to find so I used 30s
I like the protek fans.

^^^
30mm????? Nah. Why even bother? Just going backwards. Not correct. I would rather replace with the Stocker 35mm garbage fan first. At least its free under 2 year warranty.
35mm upgrade fans can be had from just about anywhere, forever. :unsure: A drop in, no adapters needed, be done with it.
AMZ, etc.
As I posted above.
AMAIN is overpriced for incidental RC stuff like Fans. Been there. Amain is only great for other hard to find niche parts. And Kit purchases.
The 35mm aluminum fans on Amain are about the same price as the ones they sell on Amazon and eBay. The one I bought was $17.99 and fit right in without any modifications. If you want cheaper fans you gotta order them from China.

This is cheaper, not including shipping, than the one you linked to on Amazon how is that overpriced? https://www.amainhobbies.com/ecopow...hv-cooling-fan-silver-black-ecp-7001/p1287735

I just ordered a lot of these from Aliexpress $12.27 each https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...t_main.23.37721802CNYGnT&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa the price goes down if you order more than 1, I ordered 3 and they were less than $12 each.

Last edited:
But is there also an option with useing the stock plastics and no brace
If you mean, do you have to remove the factory fan shroud cover for an after-market larger fan? Yes, you have to remove it.

No big deal, you will not miss it. If you are making this change and live in a place that gets HOT...go with a 40mm fan and be done with it. If an ESC adapter is needed which it will, all good do that. You will be very pleased as the heat outside, and the electronics start going up.

Please pick a quality fan! They are not all made the same (y)

Camaroboy383. I don't think he is making them anymore though as the Chinese undercut him so much that he can't sell them.
Yea remember now reading something about that awhile ago. Just sad.

The 35mm aluminum fans on Amain are about the same price as the ones they sell on Amazon and eBay. The one I bought was $17.99 and fit right in without any modifications. If you want cheaper fans you gotta order them from China.

This is cheaper, not including shipping, than the one you linked to on Amazon how is that overpriced? https://www.amainhobbies.com/ecopow...hv-cooling-fan-silver-black-ecp-7001/p1287735

I just ordered a lot of these from Aliexpress $12.27 each https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...t_main.23.37721802CNYGnT&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa the price goes down if you order more than 1, I ordered 3 and they were less than $12 each.
Yeah I just posted an example on AMZ. But yeah they can be more expensive. If you are Prime it gets the cost down. Fee shipping. Sure. Amain, stuff is not any better or worse IMHO. But sometimes many small parts have shipping for very cheap.

I have found this fan but it has a jst plug does that also fit in the arrma blx 185 portView attachment 301368
Yes it has a 2 plug instead of 3 but it plugs right in, just make sure you plug it into the right 2 pins on the esc, one is power, one is ground and the end one is the signal wire for the program card.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back