Gorgon Arrma Gorgon Buggy Build Ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizzle

Reaction score
I’m thinking about scooping up another Gorgon for the 2WD class at my local track but I need alot of professional advice from you all.

Buggy wheels/tires?
Buggy body?

Shock oil weight? Spacers?
Rear differential oil change?

2S would be fine for the small footprint indoor carpet track. I was looking for a motor/esc combo maybe just to keep the height down or do they make an ESC with the wires coming from the side instead of the top?

Share your ideas or if you have a Gorgon and some extra parts laying around you can beat me to the build or atleast share your build so I’m ready when the new track is built in a month. Thank you!

Does anyone have experience with this motor/ESC combo? Would it be fast?

IMG_5055.png

IMG_5056.png

The Gorgon would not work very well as a buggy. I can't even think of a single body that would come close to fitting. As @Luke66 stated the HCG is going to be the biggest weakness. In all honesty a Traxxas Bandit would make a better race buggy than the Gorgon and it is not even that good of a buggy.

Just to show why I say it would not make a good buggy here are some pics of both the Gorgon and a 1/10 scale 2wd buggy.

1698701925726.png

Team Associated RB10

Length:400mm (15.75in)
Width:248mm (9.76in)
Wheelbase:277.8mm (10.94in)
Weight:1405g (3.1lbs)

1698701896540.png

Yeah, all of that is just a terrible idea. Get this if you really want an indoor carpet RTR buggy:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/yokomo...d-rtr-off-road-buggy-yokror-010rtr-n/p1501889

I just watched a video of Kevin Talbot running that back to back vs the kit version, it actually did really well, especially once he removed the gyro and the tires. I am still confused as to why this comes with a gyro it is marketed as a ready to run race buggy. I thought gyros weren't legal in racing?

This is the same buggy minus electronics right? https://www.amainhobbies.com/yokomo...ic-2wd-off-road-buggy-kit-yokror-010/p1480306

Last edited:
I just watched a video of Kevin Talbot running that back to back vs the kit version, it actually did really well, especially once he removed the gyro and the tires. I am still confused as to why this comes with a gyro it is marketed as a ready to run race buggy. I thought gyros weren't legal in racing?

This is the same buggy minus electronics right? https://www.amainhobbies.com/yokomo...ic-2wd-off-road-buggy-kit-yokror-010/p1480306

I think so. Anyway, the cars have all manner of contradictories, like it has old school dirt tires, but a laydown transmission and no gear cover. You wouldn't really run them like that out of the box, but it's close enough with some minor changes.

I think so. Anyway, the cars have all manner of contradictories, like it has old school dirt tires, but a laydown transmission and no gear cover. You wouldn't really run them like that out of the box, but it's close enough with some minor changes.
Eh either way it does look like a really nice buggy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back