Gorgon New arrma Gorgon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my gorogon kit. My takes are body needs to be reinforced it is soo weak and will tear very easily. Stock with a 2s lipo it needs the wheely bar. Coverted to brushless quicrun 3700 with 14t pinion in it. 40 mm surpass rocket fan. It is a blast ans handles amazingly well for a 2 wheel drive "monster truck" the only thing i have broke outside od the body is the dumb servo saver. So i bought 2 spares for now. Hit a curb on 3s just the front corner around 45 mph and the saver is the only thing that broke.

16997460284158540352860262745966.jpg

16997460565638380221665821349090.jpg

16997460783661465192703999201029.jpg

The tire wear is kinda high but i have ran about 20 2s 5200 packs thru it and 4 3s 6500 packs thru it. Lots of run time and 2' and 3' kicker jumps.

Here is my gorogon kit. My takes are body needs to be reinforced it is soo weak and will tear very easily. Stock with a 2s lipo it needs the wheely bar. Coverted to brushless quicrun 3700 with 14t pinion in it. 40 mm surpass rocket fan. It is a blast ans handles amazingly well for a 2 wheel drive "monster truck" the only thing i have broke outside od the body is the dumb servo saver. So i bought 2 spares for now. Hit a curb on 3s just the front corner around 45 mph and the saver is the only thing that broke.

View attachment 331393

View attachment 331394

View attachment 331395
The tire wear is kinda high but i have ran about 20 2s 5200 packs thru it and 4 3s 6500 packs thru it. Lots of run time and 2' and 3' kicker jumps.
Nice to see the 3660 seems to fit with no mods.??👍🏼

Nice to see the 3660 seems to fit with no mods.??👍🏼
Fit perfectly in. The wires have to either come.out the back or straight up out of the end of the can like in my picture. Motor can wires had to be orientated slightly towards the back for them to clear the plastic frame. But completely screwed in no mods at all.

View attachment 331393

View attachment 331394

View attachment 331395
Did you have to adjust the slipper clutch?

View attachment 331393

View attachment 331394

View attachment 331395
Good info. Thanks. Just got some extra servo savers just in case.

Whats the biggest pinion to use?
I tried 17 and it would work, but i cant fit it through the hole where the motorshaft comes thru.
And when the motor is installed i cant install the pinion, because there is nearly no room.

So 16 is the limit or how you do it?

Whats the biggest pinion to use?
I tried 17 and it would work, but i cant fit it through the hole where the motorshaft comes thru.
And when the motor is installed i cant install the pinion, because there is nearly no room.

So 16 is the limit or how you do it?
You can fit a larger pinion, it is usually fitted from the outside, not going through the hole of the motor shaft. This video shows a 50T spur from Vendetta / Infraction being used and it will probably require 20++ T pinion to make up for the gap but your ratio will be very high in that case.

is this just an upgraded voltage?
Similar overall design, though the Voltage has a lot of weaknesses and Arrma did a great job addressing them with the Gorgon. The details are pretty well-documented in this thread and elsewhere, if you choose to research yourself.

is this just an upgraded voltage?
Pretty much, yes. The front shock tower is a little different & traps the servo making a stronger front end. And the diff & gears are stronger. Has Senton axles & shock bodies. Different springs. I have a Gorgon & a Senton. Tough rc. It's been fun to run brushless.

Last edited:
I used a Surpasshobby Rocket-RC 40x40 mm fan with a cover (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6540330).
But when directly connected to the receiver, it was too loud, so I used a Mini360 DC-DC Converter to adjust it to an acceptable fan noise level.

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

As reciever i decide to use DUMBORC 6CH X6PM-350 2.4G 4.8-12V RC Mini Transmitter with X4FMG/X6FG/X6DCG/X6FP/BL3FG Gyro Receiver for RC Car Boat Tank Model. Its quite small and reciever has a gyro inside.
Aliexspress example

Attachments

• IMG_5279.jpg
    IMG_5279.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back