Gorgon New arrma Gorgon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My OCD forces me to match stuff —

IMG_4214.jpeg

Obsessive-compulsive disorder
is a long-lasting disorder in which a person experiences uncontrollable and recurring thoughts (obsessions), engages in repetitive behaviors

New video up from Kevin Talbot RC

He is like the only bad review so far😂. His favorite truck is a 50lb one so it makes sense he aint that exicted. For me a monster truck is big 4 wheels with a HCG chassis. For him it must be a monster truck replica to be a Monster truck. Int going to be as durable or bashable

Gorgon....can Granite or Big Rock Tyres be installed, plug and play?!

(because no foam is not good. there is no damping in the foams, and the stock suspension is pretty weak/soft also)

Gorgon....can Granite or Big Rock Tyres be installed, plug and play?!

(because no foam is not good. there is no damping in the foams, and the stock suspension is pretty weak/soft also)

The 3S Shocks and Wheels should be compatible.

For reference, I am running a Cordova Motors 3300kv 1421 motor (about 53mm in length), with a 15t pinion, on a 3s shorty pack that is moved all the way forward. I have the punch settings on the castle ESC turned WAY down (if you leave them where they are, the truck will just wheelie constantly, which I don't find to be fun). With very tame settings, it will wheelie if you try (i.e. stop and then start, or tap throttle right after landing a jump, or on any slight incline).

I need to get the GPS on this but I'm guessing it is hitting 45-50mph. It is definitely well past what I'd consider controllable. On the street, the tires balloon a lot and it drifts a little from side to side. On grass and dirt it is awesome.

Motor temps are still quite low.

One downside: the Cordova motor does have wires which stick straight out the back of the can, which is good, but it has little buttonhead screws holding it together. These are hitting some spots on the chassis and for now, I've just tightened down the motor screws and the plastic near the motor is flexing or squeezing out of the way. This is not great. I will look for a perfectly smooth can motor later. You can see the screw in the pic below. There are a few of them evenly spaced around the motor and they're quite small (smaller than they look in that pic). They still cause a problem, though, so be aware that there's really *no* clearance beyond the standard 36mm motor diameter in the chassis.

View attachment 326982
I can't believe you wasted a cordova motor on this thing lol.

I can't believe you wasted a cordova motor on this thing lol.
Wasted? It was just sitting in a drawer... At least now it gets to roar. Anyway, what's more fun than putting insanely over-spec'd gear into action?

That motor has many years of life, and will be "wasted" on plenty of other models in the future as well ;)

Stock has no foam. So they are super soft, but when landing after Big Jumps they are very hard, because there is just air inside the tyre for dampning.
Granite Tyres are proven for very big jumps, and the foam inside is a bit of extra cushion/dampning.

After watching many Youtube videos I have only heard two complaints. One, the included charger is painfully slow. The other is the servo saver breaks. As anyone had experience with these issues and what are the solutions?

Just backordered the blue one for my 5 year old nephew who loves to obliterate my LMT and my wallet every weekend. Wondering if they will fill all the orders before christmas (i hope), I think they werent expecting such huge demand for the battery less kit. (which is shocking) You would think they would realize that literally nobody wants NiMh batteries....at all.

Anywho, ordered the wheelie bar option, and a 15T pinion gear and fan kit. Anyone run the 15T pinion on the stock 14T brushed motor it comes with? Any idea on what the top speed would be?

Just backordered the blue one for my 5 year old nephew who loves to obliterate my LMT and my wallet every weekend. Wondering if they will fill all the orders before christmas (i hope), I think they werent expecting such huge demand for the battery less kit. (which is shocking) You would think they would realize that literally nobody wants NiMh batteries....at all.

Anywho, ordered the wheelie bar option, and a 15T pinion gear and fan kit. Anyone run the 15T pinion on the stock 14T brushed motor it comes with? Any idea on what the top speed would be?
Probably 3mph faster. Like 25-26mph

Back