Granite Arrma Granite 4X4 short skate park bash video.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. 4x4-Mega
I finally caved and swapped in a BL setup in my Granite MEGA. It isnt anything special, just a Hobby Wing 10BL50 ESC and 3650 3250KV motor i robbed initially from my Quanam Vandal buggy, so today i went and ran it at a local skate park, since i cant run at the BMX track i made my other video at anymore. I made a short video, edited from a not much longer one (i took out all the parts where i was messing with trying to get the ESC to stay solid). The cheap 2 sided tape i used didnt stay stuck, so the ESC and power switch came loose, and it kept shutting off. The BL setup i am using is 3S capable, but i doubt i will ever run 3S in the Granite, unless i do more upgrades. It already has the HD 17T inputs, and Typhon MEGA/550 arms and links. As you can see in the video, im not that good at keeping it right side up off jumps. One thing i wish i would have gotten on camera was when i first jumped it onto the concrete. Since i have never been there, i wasn't sure exactly how it was laid out, so, i ran it from the walkway up the grass, and launched it right at the edge of the concrete, only to have it go in the big bowl you see towards the middle/end of the video. I thought i lost it at first. I am hoping to make a longer video before the end of the weekend.

I like your video you had some good jumps in there. I'm actually taking my granite to the skate park tomorrow. Hopefully I do as good as you and not walk away with a broken part.

I like your video you had some good jumps in there. I'm actually taking my granite to the skate park tomorrow. Hopefully I do as good as you and not walk away with a broken part.
I didn't get a chance to run it long in this video, since the ESC and power switch kept coming loose, but i have another video on here of it at a BMX park that i was recently told i cant run at anymore, which is the only reason i went to the skate park. I don't like bashing my stuff on concrete though, but there isn't much at all around here where i can run, since RC vehicles aren't very popular. Most people around here are more into planes. I also have some videos over on RCTalk with my DHK Hunter at both the BMX track and at this skate park.

I couldn't get the sound to play ?
I never record with the sound on. The camera i use is a GoPro knockoff on a head band mount, and you catch more wind noises with it than anything else.

I never record with the sound on. The camera i use is a GoPro knockoff on a head band mount, and you catch more wind noises with it than anything else.
Oh, ok. Maybe throw a music track in there. I felt like I was watching a silent film ?

Oh, ok. Maybe throw a music track in there. I felt like I was watching a silent film ?
I would have to figure out how to even do that. I am only now learning how to even edit videos, since i really never bothered with making them up until recently. Plus, isnt there some law about using copyrighted music without permission?

You can use most music unless you have over 1000 subscribers and have a monetized channel. Until then, any ad revenue will be given to the copyright holder. There are some bands that do block their songs from use. You will find out when you upload them.

Another alternative is using the music provided my YouTube. They have free music you can download and use. It’s nothing you know, but it’s something.

You can use most music unless you have over 1000 subscribers and have a monetized channel. Until then, any ad revenue will be given to the copyright holder. There are some bands that do block their songs from use. You will find out when you upload them.

Another alternative is using the music provided my YouTube. They have free music you can download and use. It’s nothing you know, but it’s something.
I just took a quick glance at some non-copyright music, and found some from a studio not far from me. Im not sure how well it would go over as background music, since its jazzhop, as they call it, and hip hop beats.

I just took a quick glance at some non-copyright music, and found some from a studio not far from me. Im not sure how well it would go over as background music, since its jazzhop, as they call it, and hip hop beats.
Use what YOU like. F what anyone else likes. It’s YOUR video. ????

That's not really true. I don't have 1,000 subs or monetize my channel. I'd say 80% of my first choice in music is copyright-protected. It's really a case by case basis. I wanted to use a Nine Inch Nails song and I couldn't find a single one that was allowed. Some bands allow some of their songs and don't allow others, like AC/DC. For Those About to Rock is ok. Hells Bells is not. There is a way to check on YouTube before you upload the video. Saves you time and a copyright Infraction.

I like watching RC video but I will be completely honest with you. No one likes a video with absolutely no sound. You need something.

That's not really true. I don't have 1,000 subs or monetize my channel. I'd say 80% of my first choice in music is copyright-protected. It's really a case by case basis. I wanted to use a Nine Inch Nails song and I couldn't find a single one that was allowed. Some bands allow some of their songs and don't allow others, like AC/DC. For Those About to Rock is ok. Hells Bells is not. There is a way to check on YouTube before you upload the video. Saves you time and a copyright Infraction.
Like I said some bands do block use. I haven’t came across any yet, so I have picked 100% that do allow use. I am generally using new release tracks, so maybe that’s the difference. I haven’t tried using older music. New music wants to be played and used. They want distribution. At least that is my way of understanding why all the songs I’ve used work.

Use what YOU like. F what anyone else likes. It’s YOUR video. ????
My only issue there is that what i like is typically only heard in a very small area of the country. Most of what i listen to, i have to order from southern Cali (no, its not gangster rap, its lowrider hip hop). I don't know if using them would cause any issues, but i could always try it i guess.

Like I said some bands do block use. I haven’t came across any yet, so I have picked 100% that do allow use. I am generally using new release tracks, so maybe that’s the difference. I haven’t tried using older music. New music wants to be played and used. They want distribution. At least that is my way of understanding why all the songs I’ve used work.

Like I said, the best thing to do is to check first via YouTube. I did have one song clear the check only to be flagged when I uploaded it. Man, that sucked.

Like I said, the best thing to do is to check first via YouTube. I did have one song clear the check only to be flagged when I uploaded it. Man, that sucked.
When you had that happen, it uploaded fine then when processed it blocked it? I’m only asking because I’ve only ever had mine have a note in the backend about ad revenue being passed to the copyright holder. I’ve never had one blocked.

Maybe I should use a NiN song and see what happens so I know what to look for. ??‍♂️

When you had that happen, it uploaded fine then when processed it blocked it? I’m only asking because I’ve only ever had mine have a note in the backend about ad revenue being passed to the copyright holder. I’ve never had one blocked.

Maybe I should use a NiN song and see what happens so I know what to look for. ??‍♂️
It happened after it published. That's when I got the notification. The song was Fire Woman by the Cult.

I edited it and added some music. I just went with what they suggested, since what i wanted to use im apparently not able to.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back