Kraton Arrma Kraton 4S 2.5 Broken Chassis!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizzle

Reaction score
Hinge Pin bent like a paper clip… Aluminum retainer smeared like hot butter and the chassis broke… Only ran for about 10 minutes…

We are pretty bummed with the durability of this rig… Should have bought a Traxxas???

Now I have to buy a new chassis, hinge pin and retainer then swap everything over? Wow what a task that’s going to be…

IMG_6908.png

IMG_6916.jpeg

IMG_6917.jpeg

IMG_6918.jpeg

IMG_6919.jpeg

IMG_6921.jpeg

Last edited:
Do these 4s Arrma RC's have fewer individual parts than the 6s versions?
For example the entire chassi need to be replaced compared to a 6s.

Hinge Pin bent like a paper clip… Aluminum retainer smeared like hot butter and the chassis broke… Only ran for about 10 minutes…

We are pretty bummed with the durability of this rig… Should have bought a Traxxas???

Now I have to buy a new chassis, hinge pin and retainer then swap everything over? Wow what a task that’s going to be…

View attachment 349489

View attachment 349490

View attachment 349491

View attachment 349492

View attachment 349493

View attachment 349495

That's a major
debbie downer GIF

How High did you jump it?

Check out RC4US on YouTube.

6s hinge pin mod with m2c hinge pins and retainer.

I’m on chassis number 4 with outcast 4sv2.5 since December . Since doing this mod I have absolutely hammered it and it seems to be the cure for the clear manufacturing defect . Arma did send a new chassis to me once and promised me another one so it’s worth reaching out, good luck. It’s not a bad swap out I can do it blindfolded now.

I was torn between the maxx and the outcast. The lhs swayed me towards the Arma. It is a very fun truck

Check out RC4US on YouTube.

6s hinge pin mod with m2c hinge pins and retainer.

I’m on chassis number 4 with outcast 4sv2.5 since December . Since doing this mod I have absolutely hammered it and it seems to be the cure for the clear manufacturing defect . Arma did send a new chassis to me once and promised me another one so it’s worth reaching out, good luck. It’s not a bad swap out I can do it blindfolded now.

I was torn between the maxx and the outcast. The lhs swayed me towards the Arma. It is a very fun truck
Do you have the part numbers?

That's a major
debbie downer GIF

How High did you jump it?
Just small jumps I have the video.

Last edited:
M2C 3706 - hinge pin retainers front and rear
M2C 3030 - hardened steel hinge pins

The 6s pins are a little longer you have to drill into the chassis to make them fit. This is part of the cure. Check out @RC4US video on YouTube - video is titled “dominate any terrain”
The Arma pins and retainer are pure garbage.

M2C 3706 - hinge pin retainers front and rear
M2C 3030 - hardened steel hinge pins

The 6s pins are a little longer you have to drill into the chassis to make them fit. This is part of the cure. Check out @RC4US video on YouTube - video is titled “dominate any terrain”
The Arma pins and retainer are pure garbage.

Thanks!

Hate to do this on a brand new “Arrma Tough” RC…

I added the Chassis Breaking video to the original post..

It’s worth . And for the record, Santa got my son an XMAXX for Christmas. We have been through tons, I mean tons of parts on it already, including a new Esc . We have gotten a full RC education in about three months time.

Does anyone know the Chassis part number?

ARRMA #5052127047210
Horizon Hobby / Orderable: #ARA320799

Found the broken parts. Might put it back together and sell the junk…

Last edited:
Back