Kraton Kraton 4s v 2.5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rixxie33

Reaction score
Should I grease the pinion gear, or will dirt just get on the gears from the cut in the underside of the chassis.
Haven't been into RC in 50 years, everything had changed!!
Thank yoi.

Should I grease the pinion gear, or will dirt just get on the gears from the cut in the underside of the chassis.
Thank yoi.
Nah the pinion and spur don't get grease on most basher rc cars. The transmission isn't sealed. Dirt plus grease would do more damage than no grease at all. Diff ring and pinion gears get grease, inside the diff gets oil, shock gets oil.

Thank yoi.

Welcome to theRanch!
Lots of Advancements has occurred...
More Fun and Bigger Grins to be had. 👍

Leave the grease at home for those squeaky garage doors..

Take your new rig to a wide open field.. Let her rip!
Go Faster ,Bash Harder!!

Thank yoi.
Never grease your pinion and spur. It's not a thing at all. So don't. I have infrequently used a Dry Wax lube ( Dupont Chain Saver), sparingly and Initially with a brand new Pinion and Spur (Both being metal ones) to help break them into each other.
The fresh contact angles of both will seat better IMHO. These Gears are never precision matched. But well enough for hobby grade use.
And I like my mesh on the tighter side. FWIW. Runs quieter, gears wear out less so over the long term. If running a plastic spur with a metal pinion, The Plastic Spur is technically "self lubricating" against the Pinion. And not necessary to use anything at all. And most Definitely not any grease. That would be a fail.
:cool:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back