Kraton Kraton 4s V 2.5 Motor Upgrade - What Will fit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it will work just fine, I have a max 8 g2 2250kv combo in my kraton 4s and it's 4278

TY :). Is the center shaft bearing in the same location, between the V2 and new V2.5? What size pinion are you running? With the stock 13t pinion, there is no room for a longer motor in the V2.5 I had. See post #3 here: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/arrma-kraton-4s-v2-5.67329/
1706916114539.png

ahh I think the bearing is placed slightly different? my motor is longer than yours and still not reaching the bearing. I'm running a 20t pinion though and I think it would clear it regardless since the larger pinion moves the motor out a little more.

The 4268 motor does not fit, with the stock mod .8 mod 13T pinion. Can't even jam a piece of paper, between the motor and drive drive shaft. If you know of parts to convert to mod 1, please post in the thread linked above.
IMG_0602.JPG

Last edited:
The 4268 motor does not fit, with the stock mod .8 mod 13T pinion. Can't even jam a piece of paper, between the motor and drive drive shaft. If you know of parts to convert to mod 1, please post in the thread linked above.
View attachment 349619

You might want to flip that center driveshaft around to make room.. 😉

Can't you just use a bigger pinion as well?

You might want to flip that center driveshaft around to make room.. 😉
That's a good idea, but what about the bearing? Looks like it would have to be deleted.

Can't you just use a bigger pinion as well?
Maybe. I mentioned that in the build thread, linked above. I have a 16T and 17T on order. If the gears were mod 1, instead of .8 mod, I'd know already, since I have plenty of mod 1 pinions. I think mod 1 is better, for a truck of this size, and would allow me to push the motor further off the centerline, while offering more useable gear options.

Last edited:
That's a good idea, but what about the bearing? Looks like it would have to be deleted.

Incorrect.
You just move the bearing and bearing carrier-from older 3S models- up forward a bit and install it like they did in previous models.

Do you need a bearing carrier?
I have the 3D printed versions..
Do you have a 3D printer?

Incorrect.
You just move the bearing and bearing carrier-from older 3S models- up forward a bit and install it like they did in previous models.

Do you need a bearing carrier?
I have the 3D printed versions..
Do you have a 3D printer?
That sounds interesting, though I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Does "previous" include the v2? I do not have a 3d printer. I am interested in getting the parts to do this.

Back