Mojave Arrma Mojave 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazydrywallguy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Bought a new Mojave 4s,charged the battery and got about 5 minutes of use before it indicated LVC shutdown. Charged battery several more times and keep getting same thing. Took battery to RC shop and they said nothing wrong with battery. I’m waiting on a new battery to arrive to see if that makes a difference. Anyone else have this issue?

What battery and Charger are you using?

What settings on the charger?
How long did it take to charge?

Dynamite prophet sport mini charger. Battery Lectron Pro 14.8 7600 mah Lipo. Charge in lipo mode @4amp. I always charge it until the light turns green.

I noticed recently running the Mojave 4s that I hit LVC early as well. Tested the pack and it was 3.55 which is a little high in my opinion. Band new pack. I got maybe 15 mins on a Zeee 6500 80c. Not bad but not great either. Unfortunately you cannot change the LVC on the Spektrum 120.....it's locked out. Might go to a Max10 or Max8 system.

I’m pretty new to RC cars but the shop I purchased the truck from said the battery I bought was a BIG battery and should last all of 30+ minutes. 5 minutes seems pretty short,sometimes it even shuts down after 2-3 hard pulls

How are you charging the battery? What is the battery you are using?

How are you charging the battery? What is the battery you are using?
Dynamite prophet sport mini charger. Battery Lectron Pro 14.8 7600 mah Lipo. Charge in lipo mode @4amp. I always charge it until the light turns green.
What's the voltage of the battery when the truck stops running?
Not quite sure,my charger doesn’t show voltage. I ordered a new battery and a charger that shows voltage a couple days ago. The RC store checked the battery and said it was good

Charging at 4amp is going to take quite a while to charge that battery. You can safely charge at 7.6 amps. I have to think it's the charger going to solid green well before the 4.2 level charge.

Charging at 4amp is going to take quite a while to charge that battery. You can safely charge at 7.6 amps. I have to think it's the charger going to solid green well before the 4.2 level charge.
That would make sense,that’s the highest setting this charger has. Hopefully the new charger will give me a little more insight as to what’s going on when I get it. It a wicked little truck for about 5 minutes then it’s a boat anchor 😂

I was able to run my Zeee 5200mAh 100c 6s batt down to 3.3v per cell on the first run with no lvc kicking in. This was on the Spektrum 150a esc.

On the stock 120a esc with the two 7200mAh 120c 2s batts it would go into lvc while the batts were still half full 3.9v per cell. This was with frequent hard wheelie pulls.

Both times were enough play time for me to go home without switching packs, so much longer than 15min.

The way I look at it is if it goes into lvc, let it cool down a bit, restart it and keep bashing until the second cutoff. Then pack it up. Always having a Tester on hand to make sure. Also, you can have a Tester connected set very low to monitor sag on hard pulls so you know what you're dealing with.

I found this thread [again] after searching for issues with my 120a esc out of the Mojave 4s and lo and behold I was the last poster!

Posting this bc I see the issue now, it was not with the OPs battery, its the esc. Now that I put the 120a in my Vendetta I'm having the same issues as the OP. HH is going to send a new one as they said it is a programming issue. Hope this helps.

I found this thread [again] after searching for issues with my 120a esc out of the Mojave 4s and lo and behold I was the last poster!

Posting this bc I see the issue now, it was not with the OPs battery, it’s the esc. Now that I put the 120a in my Vendetta I'm having the same issues as the OP. HH is going to send a new one as they said it is a programming issue.
It’s winter here and I haven’t been able to mess with the car much, I finally got a battery charger that shows the charge on each battery cell. The battery is fully charged at 4.2 each cell and lvc kicks in at 3.8 each cell. That gives me less than 10 minutes run time before the car shuts off. With a $150 battery that seem crazy. I emailed Arrma and they want purchase information ect. Maybe they will replace mine also…. Are they just replacing the Esc? Or the whole car?

It’s winter here and I haven’t been able to mess with the car much, I finally got a battery charger that shows the charge on each battery cell. The battery is fully charged at 4.2 each cell and lvc kicks in at 3.8 each cell. That gives me less than 10 minutes run time before the car shuts off. With a $150 battery that seem crazy. I emailed Arrma and they want purchase information ect. Maybe they will replace mine also…. Are they just replacing the Esc? Or the whole car?
They will most likely send you a replacement esc. I've already received one for my Mojave and one for my Vendetta. Apparently the LVC settings were too high from the factory. I think the replacements have newer firmware with a lower setting.

I bought my Mojave 4s a couple of weeks ago at a local hobby shop with a additional Spektrum s2100 dual charger with included 2s 5000MAH 50C batteries and after my second run I noticed problems with LVC as well. Longest run times were maybe 8 minutes...Very frustrating after spending months in finalizing my decision for purchase.
After tons of you tube videos and Forum reads I came to the conclusion to purchase the V2 programing card in a attempt to correct the issue.
Both the programing card and the ESC had never seen an update in firmware so a few clicks later I was able to open up all ESC options and set this beast up the way it was meant to run. I set my LVC down to 3.2v and punch option on 6 but it gives you the ability to go all the way up to 9. I ran this thing hard for at least 20 minutes on three different packs and so far its lifted a huge weight of dreading a lengthy return process. I hope this helps in any future decisions moving forward.

I bought my Mojave 4s a couple of weeks ago at a local hobby shop with a additional Spektrum s2100 dual charger with included 2s 5000MAH 50C batteries and after my second run I noticed problems with LVC as well. Longest run times were maybe 8 minutes...Very frustrating after spending months in finalizing my decision for purchase.
After tons of you tube videos and Forum reads I came to the conclusion to purchase the V2 programing card in a attempt to correct the issue.
Both the programing card and the ESC had never seen an update in firmware so a few clicks later I was able to open up all ESC options and set this beast up the way it was meant to run. I set my LVC down to 3.2v and punch option on 6 but it gives you the ability to go all the way up to 9. I ran this thing hard for at least 20 minutes on three different packs and so far its lifted a huge weight of dreading a lengthy return process. I hope this helps in any future decisions moving forward.
Thanks for this!

Could you please explain the "few clicks later"? I just ordered the programmer in hopes of lowering the LVC setting in my 120a esc. Maybe even adjust timing.

As I know now, those options aren't available to adjust as is on the escs lower than 130a. So are you saying with this card they become available to tune?

These videos will explain it better... after everything is updated it will unlock all the options you need including timing!

Last edited:
Those videos didn't difinitively explain what I'm asking which is if updating the program card, then the firmware on the 120a esc that came in the Mojave 4s allows one to change the LVC settings.

This one helped a LOT better (Chris hasn't replied as to whether he'd mind my sharing it but I'd assume he doesn't).

I've ordered a V2 card and have the software ready to go on my computer. I will update this with my findings when the card arrives. Thanks.

The answer is yes once updating the firmware it opens up a whole slew of new options including setting the LVC

Back