Felony Arrma On-Road or Proper 1/10 Touring? Opinion needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harith7oe

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Should I grab the Felony or switch things up with a legit 1/10 touring race car? Most of my RC stash is a bunch of monster truck bashers, anywhere from 3S to 8S. I'm thinking of taking a break from getting more monster trucks and checking out on-road rigs. I've been eyeing that slick black Felony, but at the same time, the Tamiya 1/10 touring kit looks pretty cool. There's a lively 1/10 community nearby, and I'm torn between sticking with on-road bashing or diving into something new like the 1/10 touring race scene. Anybody here done both and got some insights?

I just built my first two 1/10 TC road cars and a third will be coming soon. Like you, I’ve only ever been into the bigger scale stuff. I’ll be trying out racing on an indoor carpet track soon. I am SO digging the body options out there. They look scale and proper.
On road is awesome, too. So much fun.
But if you’re planning on doing speed running or parking lot bashing then look no further than a Limitless or Infraction. The 1/7 road cars are far more rugged, far more stable, and were literally built for it.
1/10TC’s were designed for racing on fully prepped surfaces and don’t take kindly to pebbles, debris, surface irregularities, etc.
Which begs the question, why not do both? You can get into 1/10TC for cheap. Parts are cheap, kits are cheap, electronics are MUCH cheaper, etc. Plus, if you already had a Typhon or Kraton you could even convert those to road use. Just throwing ideas out there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back