Outcast ARRMA OUTCAST 6S BIG BORE SHOCKS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farshadmaleky

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
  2. Outcast 6s
does anyone know the beffiest shock setup i can get for my outcast 6s i keep bending the stock shafts and the plastic rings that hold the shaft in place keep ovalising. thanks !

Check out GPM. I bought some from them for an Infraction and they have fat, 6mm shafts. Also, they work well and haven’t leaked yet. Not sure if they offer the longer Outcast shocks.
AliExpress has several options for upgraded shocks with 5mm shafts.
Welcome to the forum!

Not going to find anything better than the stock shocks. The Aliexpress and GPM shocks are not going to be an improvement over the stock ones.
I was really surprised at the quality of the GPM’s when I got them. They are definitely more robust than the stockers. Going from a 4mm to a 6mm shaft could certainly help with “bent shock shaft syndrome.” I’m running those crazy stiff Redondo Beach springs on them with 80k fluid and they’re holding up great. Of course my street bashers don’t get sent skyward, either.

does anyone know the beffiest shock setup i can get for my outcast 6s i keep bending the stock shafts and the plastic rings that hold the shaft in place keep ovalising. thanks !
Also, make sure that you haven’t eliminated chassis slap on landings. The guys that do this will never be able to keep shocks, shock standoffs, towers, etc. intact. A bit of chassis slap is a good thing, as it prevents all of that force from slamming the components upstream.

I assumed M2C, but after looking on their site, I don't see any 6s shock shafts.. huh, would have thought for sure they made them?
I've never even bent an Arrma 6s shock shaft TBH. Guess I'm not going hard enough, LOL.

I was really surprised at the quality of the GPM’s when I got them. They are definitely more robust than the stockers. Going from a 4mm to a 6mm shaft could certainly help with “bent shock shaft syndrome.” I’m running those crazy stiff Redondo Beach springs on them with 80k fluid and they’re holding up great. Of course my street bashers don’t get sent skyward, either.

Also, make sure that you haven’t eliminated chassis slap on landings. The guys that do this will never be able to keep shocks, shock standoffs, towers, etc. intact. A bit of chassis slap is a good thing, as it prevents all of that force from slamming the components upstream.
Good point, chassis "slap" is a must for big air jumping. Too much force is exerted for the shafts or rod ends to stop the travel. Also why some type of padding under the esc such as VHB tape or similar is a good idea, even with the ESC mounted by screws.

Last edited:

I theory a thicker shock shaft should be better but when the shafts are made from Chinesium that doesn't make a difference. I've bent the cheap shocks with 5mm shock shafts on a Traxxas Stampede, they bent easier than the stock 3mm shafts. And yes there is a big difference between a street basher and something that gets sent.

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but if you are bending the shock shafts you are driving the car incorrectly. I break everything else on my vehicles but have not bent a shock shaft since they switched from the 3.5mm to the 4mm shafts back in 2017. The rod end should give before the shaft bends.

Back