Arrma Senton 3S BLX weird squeling sound when turn on ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RekordX

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
Dear All,

I am a Rookie so totally new to the Hobby.

I recently bought a brand new Arrma Senton 3S BLX RC car, which is my very first Hobby Grade RC. Now I had the chance to try it out with a 2S Lipo battery.

When I turn the ESC on a loud and squeling sound start coming out somewhere from the Servo. I have put my ears close as much as I can to make sure where the noise is coming from and I think its not coming from the fan.

After 10-15 seconds this sqealing sound start to slow down and turn into a buzzling one. Made a test run and the steering and throttle seems working well. I also set the steering and throttle endpoints as well.

When I turn it off and then turn it on right after (or within couple minutes) this squeling sound wont coming again. Only If I wait bit longer lets say after 5 or 6 minutes.

I have learnt that digital servos have buzzling sound but I don't know if this okay when I turn on the ESC. Can anyone let me know if this normal?

Thank you Guys.
Peter

If you are pretty sure it's coming from the servo.... just use it as is. The stock servo is usually the first thing to be replaced on an Arrma because they are pretty junky and weak so it doesn't make sense to worry about it too much. You can get a much better servo off Amazon for cheap if that one goes bad. There is plenty of servo advice on this site with a quick search.

Possibly the fan rubbing on the fan case? I've had this issue before where the ESC fan makes a bunch of noise starting up, but then once it gets running, it quiets down. I'd be looking at that first.

Possibly the fan rubbing on the fan case? I've had this issue before where the ESC fan makes a bunch of noise starting up, but then once it gets running, it quiets down. I'd be looking at that first.
Yes the issue I experienced is quite the same what you said. I will definitely have a look on the ESC fan again! Thank you so much,

I think Hector is onto something here. I have experienced similar with ESC fans and heatsink fans.
Try starting the ESC with you finger on the fan for a few seconds (or unplug the fan). You will know pretty quickly if it is the fan or not.

…..and if it is the fan, it might need a drop of bearing oil on the bushing. I’ve done this to mine a few times and they are much smoother after.

…..and if it is the fan, it might need a drop of bearing oil on the bushing. I’ve done this to mine a few times and they are much smoother after.
Bingo! I unplugged the cable of the fan, turned on and no noise. Plugged it again, pushed the top of the fan couple times and still no noise.

Will give a bit bearing oil as you suggested!

Thank you Guys!

Back