Senton Arrma senton 3s motor upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironman123

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
What would be a good motor upgrade for my senton 3s blx I have a hobbywing max10 Im wanting a bit more speed and power

Which motor do you have paired with that ESC?

3200kv is good for 3s.
You could set the punch setting of the esc higher (will react more aggressive to the throttle) and run a bigger pinion (more top speed).

What batteries are you running, a proper 100C 3S battery can also help with the performance.

Punch is all the way up im using overlanders 50c 3s I run it on grass and dirt would going up on the pinion not make the motor over heat

Punch is all the way up im using overlanders 50c 3s I run it on grass and dirt would going up on the pinion not make the motor over heat
Heat will also go up with your Punch set to HIGH. Back it down to Default and re gear your setup. Go up 2 Teeth at a time and check temps with your Temp Gun. Only then, increase the Punch if temps are in check and "need" more Punch. With gearing and motor changes I always run my ESC at default Punch and setting.
>>>If you have ESC Timing, drop it all the way down also, and incrementally bring it up, checking temps along the way.

>>>Many are just too quick to buy a new motor, when all you need to do is change your Pinion gear and dial in the ESC better.:unsure:
Temp gun always in hand.

Last edited:
Would I see much increase going up two teeth on the pinion

What are you looking for exactly?
10kmh extra?
Non stop wheelies?
Reliable setup?

For now we are all shooting at a moving target. You seem to not really what you do want.

There are speed calculators to calculate the impact of changing pinion.

A Typhon 3s goes about 71kmph with a 15t pinion and 93kmph with a 20t pinion, both stock elecs and on 3s.

I want it to be quicker then what it is without changing the motor no wheelies or over heating I ring on grass and dirt and bash

And you said I would be limited to increasing the pinion size so I would have to change the motor

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back