Typhon ARRMA typhon 3s BLX- HobbyStar 3670 3050kv install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lil more torque, it's a longer can run a little cooler and do a little better with gearing up a little.

Very cool. I haven't had any problems with the stock motor for my uses (granite is basically my skate park car), but if I ever have issues with needing a bit more kick then I'll get one of these!

Very cool. I haven't had any problems with the stock motor for my uses (granite is basically my skate park car), but if I ever have issues with needing a bit more kick then I'll get one of these!

Stock motor is really good for sure. Arrma did a great job with this 3s line. At it's price point.... it really is unbeatable ?

How does the Castle 1415 2400kv motor compare to this Hobby Star motor? I'm considering buying one.

I wouldn't go anywhere near that low of a KV motor on the 3s line. With all the driveshafts and diff case gearing being composite instead of metal that low of a kv is just gona destroy everything.

I wouldn't go anywhere near that low of a KV motor on the 3s line. With all the driveshafts and diff case gearing being composite instead of metal that low of a kv is just gona destroy everything.

Diffs might survive but the driveshafts sure won't. No way.

I think Rich Duperbash put this in his Senton 3s. What would this get you vs. the stock motor in a granite?
It for running 4s in the futur and the other reason it because the stock motor overheat with the 26t pinion gear.

How does the Castle 1415 2400kv motor compare to this Hobby Star motor? I'm considering buying one.
I have put the castle 2400kv in my stampede 4x4 and the difference it the kv 2400 vs 3050 and the other is the castle run with max 4s, the hobbyStar able to run 5s

I've got the Hobbystar 3670 3050kv on the way. How are you guys liking them still?

I've got the Hobbystar 3670 3050kv on the way. How are you guys liking them still?
Honestly it's not as torquey and I thought it would be. I'm running an 18t pinion. Temps seem ok though.

Iam running 3665 can 3100kv motor on 3s. Stock ESC, punch setting 5. Very hard on road running. Measurements are stiil on hottest motor place. Measurements with one added motor fan. Outside temperature around 18 C.
Gearing:
20t pinion, max temps - motor/esc: 52/48C
18t pinion, max temps - motor/esc: 46/48C
15t pinion, max temps- motor/esc: 46/37C
Waiting on 17t pinion and it will be sweat point in gearing.
With hobbywing max 10 sct ESC temps under 44 C.
I want to try motors 3670 3050kv or 3670/3674 2800 kv.

Attachments

• IMG_20190424_180933.jpg
    IMG_20190424_180933.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Hello Guy, I have install the HobbyStar 3670 3050kv in my Typhon 3s because the factory motor overheat with 26/57 gearing.
Hi, I upgraded my granite mega with blx100 and hobbystar 3670 motor. The original arrma blx motor heat sink fit for the hobbystar motor?

Hi, I upgraded my granite mega with blx100 and hobbystar 3670 motor. The original arrma blx motor heat sink fit for the hobbystar motor?
Yes it fits. I have the same set up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back