Arrma way to proud of there o rings!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lbizzle

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Arrma is way too proud of their O-rings! I work as a mechanic and it’s unheard of for a dollar an o-ring!! Especially tiny little ones like this. Plus they were smart they make the one O-ring that you can’t swap for anything else. From what I can find. I would love to know if anyone has found another brand that runs the same size o-ring. I’m talking about the
#AR330245 O-RING P-3 3.5x1.9mm (Red) (4pcs) $4 for 4 o-rings is ridiculous!!!

That's the case with most parts though, the Arrma bearings, screws, washers, ect. I can often find replacements, but the orings I haven't really damaged that many I can mostly reuse them so I have only ever bought a couple of packs.

Arrma is way too proud of their O-rings! I work as a mechanic and it’s unheard of for a dollar an o-ring!! Especially tiny little ones like this. Plus they were smart they make the one O-ring that you can’t swap for anything else. From what I can find. I would love to know if anyone has found another brand that runs the same size o-ring. I’m talking about the
#AR330245 O-RING P-3 3.5x1.9mm (Red) (4pcs) $4 for 4 o-rings is ridiculous!!!
I've seen in Amazon ebay etc that there are "variety" rc hardware sets that include some basic hardware and things such as o-rings that a relatively inexpensive. Some of the smaller generic variety sets include a minimum of 4-8 o-rings in them but haven't yet found(nor have I researched the specs much yet to say for sure) ones that I can recommend in reference to the orings dimensions but I'm certainly going to do some research on it asap as I agree that the price of basic maintenance becomes ridiculous especially when hoping to do for example multiple rigs suspension maintenance at one time. These variety kits would surely be worth investing in even just for the orings in certain situations more so than not as $1/piece gets to me even though I realize almost any product with "rc" added to the description suddenly multiplies in price but I've been hoping to gather a variety of shims as well(shims and o-rings haven't been the easiest things to source for less than what the rc manufacturers sell them for in tge last few years I've attempted to find in a decent variety of applicable sizes but surely has to be available somewhere for much less than what the rc related companies or manufacturing/ retailing them at). I hope to find time later this evening to grab thr specs of orings/shims for the 1/8 1/7 scale arrma's and hopefully I'll be successful in finding atleast some alternative to paying so much even if I need to buy 200 of them and give them away as long as It's a reasonable price in comparison. I'm by no means a mechanic but I've collected quite a few rigs especially arrma rc's in the last few years and u think where I get a but discouraged is in the details such as what the materials are and finding time to make sure everything is identical in dimensions to what I'm in need of. That said, if anyone has had any success with locating a much more reasonable way of buying these extremely overpriced yet vital maintenance parts, please share. Will come back with say positive results I find.

The closest size I found was a kit at harbor freight but there 0.1 mm to small. I tried them and all 4 shocks leaked out 😒 so I’m back on the search. I don’t believe just cause Rc attached is make it more money. Tekno sell a set of shock o rings 16 for 5.99!!! I’m finding a lot of set like this at a way better price. So it’s just arrma that way to proud of there stuff!

A dollar to repair a shock, in my eyes is not a problem. We all knew RCs were a money pit when we first bought them, and we still decided to buy into it. That's just the cost of owning and maintaining your RC. With the cost of some of the repairs that I've had, a dollar is nothing. Even if it is just a tiny little o-ring.

The closest size I found was a kit at harbor freight but there 0.1 mm to small. I tried them and all 4 shocks leaked out 😒 so I’m back on the search. I don’t believe just cause Rc attached is make it more money. Tekno sell a set of shock o rings 16 for 5.99!!! I’m finding a lot of set like this at a way better price. So it’s just arrma that way to proud of there stuff!
I'm def not familiar with too many different manufacturers as I'm relatively new to the hobby although I've been a pretty active basher for almost 5 years now. I do tend to get hung up on the fine details though because I get angry when I do things such as you did(buying those orings and installing them unfortunately just to have them not work is not a failure if you ask me simply because you just answered the exact question I was hoping to get to the bottom of which was if that .1mm would infact make the difference between properly functioning orings or not so Thank you for sharing ascwell as taking tge time money and energy to share your results so guts like myself don't make the same mistake unnecessarily. thank you for that) I very much do think that most products are priced much higher once the "rc hobby" is somehow related to or is in the name of said part generally speaking and the marketing of "hobby related" parts seem to always me much more than a basic yet necessary replacement part for an average 1:1 vehicle since the reason/ability to par for rc related stuff only applies to people that can afford to "pay to play" atleast for the majority that don't have their priorities a bit backwards. I do agree that it sure seems arrma/horizon seem to have really seemed to get as much as they can for something as simple as a 4 pack of orings which gets under my skin but finding alternatives seems to be my issue send maybe that's a strategic design implemented to sort of force arrma consumers to pay the high mark up in order to be sure they are going to receive the correct dimensions/performance from a very important part , that must be on the list of the least costly parts to be manufactured and as a result... can rely on making that HUGE return with few options for the consumer to easilly find a proper alternative at a reasonable price...I don't know but from a business standpoint if it makes money it makes sense but from the consumer stand point it's wrong and most def feels like robbery from a pretty hard-core arrma consumer that(in my case) isn't all that knowledgeable of any other options to go with/if any. Anyways I agree with you for sure and all I meant was that if someone can participate in this hobby regularly they must have some money or it wouldn't work out atleast not very well or for long and I believe that most companies use that leverage in the rc hobby market of both stock/aftermarket oarts accessories etc but to what extent? I think arrmas o-rings answer that question better than I can for sure. Shoot I recieved a 20mill Traxxas diff fluid from Amazon dew weeks back and didn't think much when buying it but on arrival the marketing was z bit deceiving since it was such a small container I was worried if ide even get to fill two differentials before ide need more(that was 9n me though because I'm sure I could have found some diff fluid elsewhere just maybe not as quick or easy as Amazon made the process) but o-rings I will continue to search for until I find a proper fitting /reasonable alternative although until than ill be paying $1+ until that time comes unfortunately.🍻

I've lost, and usually destroyed those O rings so I don't use them any more. However to stop the nut thing backing out, I use a few layers of plumbers tape on the thread. It's lasted for a few months so far and hasn't even moved.
👆🏻 Oops, just realised you were talking about something completely different, sorry.

A dollar to repair a shock, in my eyes is not a problem. We all knew RCs were a money pit when we first bought them, and we still decided to buy into it. That's just the cost of owning and maintaining your RC. With the cost of some of the repairs that I've had, a dollar is nothing. Even if it is just a tiny little o-ring.
I understand is only $4 total of $8 plus shipping to do all my shocks. That’s not a lot of money yes I agree. But when tekno sell 16 for $6 and you know that’s a way more expensive brand that’s bull****. It’s the principle there price gouging. Cause it a off size and they can. I can buy a whole o ring kit for about $10 of 250!!!

So I’m actually home from work now and I’ve been looking at this all wrong and I feel like an idiot. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Busy day at work and trying to take time to find parts. The 1.9 is the thickness of the o-ring. To be honest in the world mechanics when you talk about O-rings it’s always ID then OD and then thickness. The harbor freight O-rings that I tried to use were 3.8x7.6x1.9. So the need to be tighter around the shaft hence the 3.5 they list. I don’t know where my mind was at lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back