Limitless ASK for Xt 90 conectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Arrma friends. I have an infraction and it travels a maximum of 75 miles per hour. I only drive this to the parking lot and also do small races with it. It is very much designed for weight reduction and I would like to know from you whether the XT90 plugs are not enough here. I have currently soldered on the QS8 but they are very heavy and I This could save another 50 grams. I know it sounds crazy, but for me every gram counts. I still have a limitless one so the weight doesn't matter and it goes like hell and is very heavy because of the large electronics and batteries etc.. please answer whether XT 90 is enough. The mrim controller is a 160 amp controller that is built into the lightweight unit. 6s is used. Thank you

+1
The slight weight in grams more of a QS8 is insignificant and doesn't out weigh the benefit when running 160 amp ESC's and 8s packs. Especially with tall geared speed run platforms. Nothing wrong with being a weight weenie, but you just don't want to focus on weight alone, and spite your electrics in the process. There is a comfortable balance needed.
>Now that you have a very light platform, consider a Crossweight scale to dial in the weight bias, F-R and Crossweight even better. 50%/50% is always my target. 50% Crossweight being the most important Consideration. The results are dramatic. Truly makes it drive well and predictable at speed.
Make what weight you do have now, work for you. If you don't already use one.

Last edited:
I'd stick with the QS8s personally.
Run it hard and shoot the wires with an IR Temp gun and you will see why.
OK, thanks. I'd rather leave the QS8 on it for safety reasons. The batteries also have 130c, so a lot of current comes out or the maximum that the motor can draw. I have SLS lipos. They're very expensive but very good.

Symbol „Von der Community überprüft“

+1
The slight weight in grams more of a QS8 is insignificant and doesn't out weigh the benefit when running 160 amp ESC's and 8s packs. Especially with tall geared speed run platforms. Nothing wrong with being a weight weenie, but you just don't want to focus on weight alone, and spite your electrics in the process. There is a comfortable balance needed.
>Now that you have a very light platform, consider a Crossweight scale to dial in the weight bias, F-R and Crossweight even better. Make what weight you do have now, work for you. If you don't already use one.
OK, thanks. I'd rather leave the QS8 on it for safety reasons. The batteries also have 130c, so a lot of current comes out or the maximum that the motor can draw. I have SLS lipos. They're very expensive but very good.

Symbol „Von der Community überprüft“

While I agree that QS8s are better, you will be just fine running XT90s in your Infraction on 6s.
Especially running it the way you described.

And I am speaking from experience. Ran my Infraction geared for 90mph on XT90s for about 100 packs.
And that was mostly full throttle until LVC or something overheated, never melted a connector or desoldered the wires from the batteries.

Hell, I even ran my X-Maxx on 8s geared for 75mph on XT90s for most of its life…never an issue.

Just make sure your soldering is good and check the tightness of the connectors regularly.

The cross weight scale is a great idea. If you don't want to shell out for one, you can always get 4 kitchen scales. I got 4 off of AliExpress for $60 after the seller gave me a $20 discount.View attachment 328179

The cross weight scale is a great idea. If you don't want to shell out for one, you can always get 4 kitchen scales. I got 4 off of AliExpress for $60 after the seller gave me a $20 discount.View attachment 328179
wow very nice.great work.

While I agree that QS8s are better, you will be just fine running XT90s in your Infraction on 6s.

And I am speaking from experience. Ran my Infraction geared for 90mph on XT90s for about 100 packs.
And that was mostly full throttle until LVC or something overheated, never melted a connector or desoldered the wires from the batteries.

Hell, I even ran my X-Maxx on 8s geared for 75mph on XT90s for most of its life…never an issue.

Just make sure your soldering is good and check the tightness of the connectors regularly.
many thanks for your response. It's actually amazing that you can drive the XT90 with such a gear ratio without any problems. With the X Maxx it's even worse, but you have a higher voltage with 8s when it comes to current, which is an advantage. Kind regards

Agree about 6s and XT90's, how I fly with my Lim. But they do get warm. :unsure: Yet tolerable. I keep an eye on temps.
The OP wants to run an 8s ESC setup. QS8's all the way IMHO.
Simply a "wrong" Pinion gear change can fry things quick.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back