Audiofiles/Home Audio/Theater/New Electronics/New Monitors/New TV's ETC..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rotel is great gear, very reasonable prices. They've been around since the early '60's and are owned by the UK company Bowers and Wilkins (known for fine speakers). Their 1080 amp is a real sleeper in the used market.

That amp is a bruiser. Dust the ceiling with that guy., better stock up on joint compound.
Yeah I have the 1095 and 1075 for my 5:4:2 setup. As for the 1080 I wouldn’t say no to it.

if I ever came into a ton of money I’d treat myself to some B&W 802D’s

Outlaw is nice but once I got into rotel and anthem power amps. I never looked back.

I used to collect book shelf speakers and rotate them into my play lists. I sold them all off about 5 years ago before we moved. Had about 9 pair. There are guys that describe amps as warm, smooth ETC. The way I describe an amp is if it does what it was made to do (simply amplify the stock sound) without any audible clips, then its a good amp in my book. McIntosh, Rotel, Mark Levinson, Sonance, Martin Logan, B&W amps all sound incredible and from what I've heard replicate the sound perfectly. BUT... Not incredible enough for me to drop the kind of coin that would convince my ears that they truly sound that kind of money better.:LOL:

I used to collect book shelf speakers and rotate them into my play lists. I sold them all off about 5 years ago before we moved. Had about 9 pair. There are guys that describe amps as warm, smooth ETC. The way I describe an amp is if it does what it was made to do (simply amplify the stock sound) without any audible clips, then its a good amp in my book. McIntosh, Rotel, Mark Levinson, Sonance, Martin Logan, B&W amps all sound incredible and from what I've heard replicate the sound perfectly. BUT... Not incredible enough for me to drop the kind of coin that would convince my ears that they truly sound that kind of money better.:LOL:
I've had my Outlaw 750 since 2000, never a hiccup and I've not been easy on it. I think it was $1100 maybe?

I just did the usual small baby steps to where I’m at today. I’m not baller enough to splurge big money on equipment ?

I just did the usual small baby steps to where I’m at today. I’m not baller enough to splurge big money on equipment ?

Same here, which is why I look for gear in very good/excellent cosmetic condition that has some electronic issues. I can replace failed electronic parts, but you can't get knobs and panels and cases for gear that looks beat up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back