Typhon AVC addition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcfun2

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
OK I'm looking into adding AVC to my son's typhon and my senton. Has anyone done this or can advise me on what I need and how to do it?

OK I'm looking into adding AVC to my son's typhon and my senton. Has anyone done this or can advise me on what I need and how to do it?
Hello and welcome...

I'm one that like AVC on all my rigs...even the 3S models as well.

If you stay with Spektrum, the Horizon Hobby stuff need a DSMR receiver like SR6100AT. They are expensive, and I get mine here when users sell them or at Jenny's RC. You need a radio that can talk to that receiver like a DX5C or DX3 for AVC control

SR6100AT this is just one the are a few more models
https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...7u0JzEKx8KHdZH40k0ExyQiZ54DrH1tkaAgfVEALw_wcB

Below is your best buy to get both at a cheap cost...we all love Jenny's here!

On Jenny's site, you can get a radio with AVC for $52, and I buy these just for the receiver only since it is cheaper
https://jennysrc.com/collections/lo...6100-receiver-los03027?variant=33054107664438

Hello and welcome...

I'm one that like AVC on all my rigs...even the 3S models as well.

If you stay with Spektrum, the Horizon Hobby stuff need a DSMR receiver like SR6100AT. They are expensive, and I get mine here when users sell them or at Jenny's RC. You need a radio that can talk to that receiver like a DX5C or DX3 for AVC control

SR6100AT this is just one the are a few more models
https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...7u0JzEKx8KHdZH40k0ExyQiZ54DrH1tkaAgfVEALw_wcB

Below is your best buy to get both at a cheap cost...we all love Jenny's here!

On Jenny's site, you can get a radio with AVC for $52, and I buy these just for the receiver only since it is cheaper
https://jennysrc.com/collections/lo...6100-receiver-los03027?variant=33054107664438
Oh I have a DX4C and DX3

Oh I have a DX4C and DX3
Great...for the DX3 for example all you need is a 6000. 6100, 6110, 6200 AVC receiver. From there is an install and calibrate which is easy there is a site I can link to do the bind and calibration for AVC.

Great...for the DX3 for example all you need is a 6000. 6100, 6110, 6200 AVC receiver. From there is an install and calibrate which is easy there is a site I can link to do the bind and calibration for AVC.
Well I'll have to get the receiver first. I. Just researching everything I need. It will be going on my son's typhon

I have a dx5 and my avc makes my rig turn I can’t run straight any tips?

Something is not right...

Even if you did NOT want AVC for counter-steering which is what it does to aid in those skids or drifts.... It has HEAD HOLDING. This means it keeps the RC straight in a line.

Infraction - I can pull the trigger full throttle with my hand off the radio steering knob, and it spins the tires and go perfectly straight in a line.

Kraton/Big Rock/Losi/ Fireteam....all bashers - On dirt...same as above full trigger, and it goes straight. This function is called again head holding.

Start below and make sure you bind & calibrated AVC right. It is all done at the binding process. Also with the DX5...make sure once AVC is all correct, you have your steering setting on the radio where it drives straight. Just drive it slow and make the adjustments at a slow speed....

I have a dx5 and my avc makes my rig turn I can’t run straight any tips?
I have a 6200 receiver and avc setup on my typhon. 50% steering and zero throttle, it will correct but won't cut throttle. Everytime I change a setting you have to re-bind the transmitter, that's fixed 100% of my issues.

20230113_010750.jpg

I have a 6200 receiver and avc setup on my typhon. 50% steering and zero throttle, it will correct but won't cut throttle. Everytime I change a setting you have to re-bind the transmitter, that's fixed 100% of my issues.

View attachment 269431

I have the same setting on my DX5C. The DX5C radio does not need rebinding when you adjust STR, THR, or Priority Gains. They are there for adjustments like steering trim, throttle trim, etc. Those 3 AVC settings are there so you can fine-turn the way you want the rig to run and change them as needed for different situations.

I have the same setting on my DX5C. The DX5C radio does not need rebinding when you adjust STR, THR, or Priority Gains. They are there for adjustments like steering trim, throttle trim, etc. Those 3 AVC settings are there so you can fine-turn the way you want the rig to run and change them as needed for different situations.
Change a setting, take the entire front suspension apart because it was making a weird noise, buy a new servo while I'm at the LHS, ya know just adjustments 🤣

Shut it off. It’s never any good you loose control.
Depends how you plan on bashing. Any jumping or freestyle driving and you are best to turn AVC down or completely disable it. The only AVC Arrma I have that actually works perfect is in my V1 Infraction with the stocker DX2E radio. For the life of me, can't figure out why my AVC with my DX5C radio, the Steering oscillates badly , and is undriveable. Even if the ST Gain is dialed down.
I like Gyros in general. But they are not in all my rigs. Some rigs I prefer no Gyro or AVC. Spektrum AVC also controls/Retards the throttle. Something you don't want most of the time. Need to dial it down. And is bad for Speed running. A "standalone" Steering Gyro is best for Speedrunning. If jumping and sending a rig with a Gyro, the front wheels flail left to right in the air and misdirects the rig before it lands.. Not good. You should be in full control of Steering in this situation.

Last edited:
I’ve never experienced it, but I saw somewhere to: power up the radio and car. Lift the front end slightly with rear tires on the ground. Pull the front somewhat rapidly to the left and right, as if it was driving on a curvy road. Make sure the gyro steers the wheels in the opposite direction. If it steers the wheels in the same direction then the gyro needs to be flipped to its opposite mounting orientation. Hope this helps.

View attachment 269431
Thank you I never had issues when I had the dx3 I will pull throttle and it’ll shoot straight out with avc 100% I’m having issues with my new dx5c I love avc helps a lot.
Any videos would help.
Depends how you plan on bashing. Any jumping or freestyle driving and you are best to turn AVC down or completely disable it. The only AVC Arrma I have that actually works perfect is in my V1 Infraction with the stocker DX2E radio. For the life of me, can't figure out why my AVC with my DX5C radio, the Steering oscillates badly , and is undriveable. Even if the ST Gain is dialed down.
I like Gyros in general. But they are not in all my rigs. Some rigs I prefer no Gyro or AVC. Spektrum AVC also controls/Retards the throttle. Something you don't want most of the time. Need to dial it down. And is bad for Speed running. A "standalone" Steering Gyro is best for Speedrunning. If jumping and sending a rig with a Gyro, the front wheels flail left to right in the air and misdirects the rig before it lands.. Not good. You should be in full control of Steering in this situation.
Same problem, no issues with my v2 infractions and dx3s so I got a dx5c for Xmas and now my rigs just can’t shoot straight 🙃

Same problem, no issues with my v2 infractions and dx3s so I got a dx5c for Xmas and now my rigs just can’t shoot straight 🙃
I am sure you are...just asking are doing the bind and calibration successfully. Meaning each time you do full throttle, brake, right, left (must be in that order) get an amber confirmation light each position was set? On the DX5C try in on a new profile to make sure all the settings are default.

I’ve never experienced it, but I saw somewhere to: power up the radio and car. Lift the front end slightly with rear tires on the ground. Pull the front somewhat rapidly to the left and right, as if it was driving on a curvy road. Make sure the gyro steers the wheels in the opposite direction. If it steers the wheels in the same direction then the gyro needs to be flipped to its opposite mounting orientation. Hope this helps.
+1.
Absolutely.
Been there one time. Shame on me. The rig will absolutely Steer out of control. Undriveable. Yeah lift the front after the gyro initializes, It must turn opposite the direction of the skid. Much like how you control a real car. Or it is a big fail. :rolleyes: Gyros can be reversed for this reason.
I even noticed some servos normally work in opposite direction than most others. Spektrums do this. I tossed the stocker Spek. S652 in my FT and when I installed my DS3235, I had to adjust the ST Rev. setting at the radio. This can trip you up if you don't pay close attention.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back